Good afternoon, Sooner nation!
The Oklahoma Sooners got a look at their new digs, and the facilities are pretty sweet, barber chair and all:
The #Sooners got their first look at their new home... and it did not disappoint! Check it out for yourself ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/bTuWykhOoX— Oklahoma Football (@OU_Football) May 5, 2017
The @OU_Football players will see their names in lights everyday. #Sooners pic.twitter.com/3yfXZKBLfU— Kenny Mossman (@Kenny_Mossman) May 5, 2017
This puts the Sooners up with blue bloods like the Buckeyes and Crimson Tide in terms of flash. Considering that the Sooners have been using temporary locker rooms for the past few years, this is certainly a welcome change. And it certainly can’t hurt in recruiting.
- In recruiting news: the Sooners are on the heels of a monstrous DT. He may be following in the steps of his favorite player Gerald McCoy, as Graham Dudley writes.
- Scheduling the way Bob Stoops does can certainly have its pitfalls. Christian Corona takes a deep dive into one of the toughest schedules in the nation this season.
- Here are Oklahoma’s Big 12 opponents as life annoyances. Read it. It’s hilarious.
- 2018 wide receiver Treveon Johnson, an OU target, has announced his decommitment from Texas Tech:
Please Respect my decision... pic.twitter.com/BSaAJmuAyJ— (@TKJ_11) May 5, 2017
- Take a look inside Joe Mixon’s first days as a Cincinnati Bengal.
- OU softball end their regular season tonight against OSU. They already clinched their sixth straight Big 12 title on Wednesday.
It's Gameday!#Sooners host Oklahoma State tonight in their final home game of the regular season. #Bedlam pic.twitter.com/krJNrT4fUW— Oklahoma Softball (@OU_Softball) May 5, 2017
- USC’s Sam Darnold burst onto the scene in a big way last season. If he takes the Trojans to the playoff, he’ll become a household name.
- Football — at least the way we know it — is on the outs. Spencer Hall writes about how football could evolve in the wake of CTE.
- Graduate transfers have become a de-facto free agency for college football coaches.
- James Harden is one of the NBA’s most talented players. That makes it all the more frustrating to see him draw bogus three-point fouls.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- This guy found a fully stocked, nuclear fallout-type shelter underneath a fully functional factory. Creepy stuff:
- Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN. has already gone platinum. In a time where hardly anybody buys records, that’s seriously impressive:
.@kendricklamar DAMN. is now PLATINUM #TDE pic.twitter.com/DR0WmZsZ9D— Interscope Records (@Interscope) May 4, 2017