The Sooners can’t seem to stop winning national titles lately, racking up wins in tennis and men’s and women’s gymnastics. (Maybe this bodes well for the Women’s College World Series.)
Today it’s the men’s golf team’s chance to win its own natty. The Sooners tee off just after 2 p.m. today against the defending national champion Oregon Ducks, and the Golf Channel will follow the round starting at 3 p.m.
It’s time to bring it home and beat the Ducks! Boomer!
- OU golfer Brad Dalke has been committed to Oklahoma since he was 12, opting to follow in his parents’ footsteps. Today he has a chance for the national title.
- Nate Hybl’s younger brother, Ryan, is the golf team head coach and has the opportunity to win the title his brother never did.
- OU basketball is playing the Phil Knight Invitational this November and will open up against Arkansas. Michigan State, Georgetown, Oregon, UNC, UConn and Portland are also in the bracket, which will be a great showcase for the new-look Sooners.
- Here’s a preview of the Louisville baseball regional, where Oklahoma opens play against Xavier on Friday.
- Dimitri Flowers gets some love as one of the nation’s best fullbacks in this Fansided piece.
- Simple uniforms may be the new trend in college football this year. Glad to see the rest of the country finally learned something from ours.
- The artist who made the horrible Cristiano Ronaldo statue is at it again, this time with Gareth Bale. Either we’re all being trolled, or they should think twice before hiring this guy to do Messi’s bust.
- Apparently the penguins at the Nashville zoo are Predators fans. Wink twice if they’re forcing you against your will, penguins.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- As a recent graduate of OU, I spent a fair amount of time at The Ave apartment complex. A student moving in there found a camera taped inside her bathroom vent this week.
- Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I absolutely loved last night’s sudden explosion of “covfefe” jokes. It was maybe my favorite moment in Twitter history.