Good afternoon, Sooner Nation! I’ve got to say: as I am writing this, I’m drinking a cup of coffee and looking out on the Rocky Mountains from my cabin’s deck.
It’s a tough life, but somebody’s gotta do it.
Without further ado, today’s edition of Hot Links:
- The Oklahoma Sooners golf team got off to a rough start this morning, trailing Baylor in all five matches in Tuesday’s quarterfinal. However, Rylee Reinertson, Grant Hirschman (WATCH THIS PUTT!) and Brad Dalke each rallied to win the final three matches of the day. There was plenty of drama in the final match, as Baylor’s Matthew Perrine rallied from dormie through 16 to tie the match, capping it with a chip-in on 18. Unfortunately for Perrine, he was going up against a U.S. Amateur finalist and Masters participant on Tuesday. After some “army golf” from Perrine, Dalke sank a par putt to put it away. The Sooners will face Illinois in the semifinals on Tuesday afternoon. Follow the scoring here: http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/nonav.cfm?pg=match&lb=&tid=12624
Brad Dalke clinches it for @OU_MGolf! The #Sooners' first trip to the Semifinals. What. A. Comeback. pic.twitter.com/1NWbBE9jOm— Oklahoma Sooners (@OU_Athletics) May 30, 2017
Let's go @OU_MGolf ! #OUDNA pic.twitter.com/905lvyYto5— Bob Stoops (@OU_CoachStoops) May 30, 2017
- Looks like a JUCO defensive end target will be taking a visit to Norman soon:
I might as well come take my visit then! https://t.co/5m3Ji7Dmq5— Dorian Gerald (@TopNotchDG) May 29, 2017
- Congratulations to OU Tennis players Andrew Harris and Spencer Papa — they’re the first doubles pair in school history to win a national title:
#Sooners win!!!— Oklahoma Tennis (@OU_MTennis) May 29, 2017
2017 NATIONAL CHAMPS!!! ⭕️ pic.twitter.com/8lzDElaEuC
- OU baseball is taking on Xavier in the Louisville regional on Friday. Check out the celebration:
Two-seed #Sooners open the Louisville Regional vs. three-seed Xavier on Friday.— Oklahoma Baseball (@OU_Baseball) May 30, 2017
Full reaction/details⬇️https://t.co/Yhb2bDvF9W pic.twitter.com/Le6uLmyvhM
- It’s a new beginning for OU baseball, who hasn’t been to a regional since 2013. Tyler Palmateer takes a dive into the Sooners’ emotions and expectations heading into the regional.
- The College Softball World Series kicks off tomorrow in Oklahoma City. Familiarize yourself with some of the spotlight players before the madness begins. OU’s Paige Parker will look to be the first ace ever to help their team win back-to-back titles.
- Bryce Harper of the Washington Nationals charged the pitcher’s mound after getting beaned yesterday, and it was the most exciting baseball fight I’ve seen in a while. That was a weak helmet throw, though.
- In last night’s Stanley Cup Finals game, a Predators threw a catfish on the court, as one does. Pittsburgh officials are just no fun:
Jacob Waddell is charged with disorderly conduct, disrupting a meeting and possession of an instrument of a crime.— Paul Rasmussen (@KDKAPRasmussen) May 30, 2017
- The NBA Finals begin tomorrow, and I couldn’t be more psyched. For excellent coverage — like this piece on who LeBron will guard — keep checking the SB Nation front page.
- A lot of jokes were made about Tiger Woods’ arrest (many of them by me), but in reality, it’s more sad than it is funny.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- Charlotte Wilder’s recap of the second episode of this season of The Bachelor has convinced me that I need to tune in.
- I’ve got good news for those of you who are LCD Soundsystem fans: it sounds like their next (and unexpected!) album is done.