Good afternoon, Sooner nation!
The Big 12 Baseball Tournament at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark commences today. If you live in the area and can get out there between now and the weekend -- do it!
The Oklahoma Sooners will play a rivalry game right off the bat (I couldn’t help myself) against Texas at 7:30 CT. For a primer on the matchup, read our preview.
Without further ado:
- OU first baseman Austin O’Brien comes from a baseball-rich family. In a Player’s Tribune-style letter, O’Brien details what he and the Sooners have endured this year. The only four-year player on the squad, O’Brien has a lot of wisdom to offer.
- Congratulations to the ten Sooners who made the All-Big 12 team — the most in program history. Sophomore Brylie Ware, a first-teamer, was also named the newcomer of the year.
- Oklahoma has made the cut for 2018 St. Louis LB Ronnie Perkins. OU is considered one of the favorites to eventually sign the talented prospect.
No interviews. pic.twitter.com/hgVaR7anlv— Ronnie Perkins™ (@Legendary11_) May 24, 2017
- An NFL analyst thinks that Samaje Perine is a dark horse candidate for Offensive Rookie of the Year.
- The Blake Bortles-Dede Westbrook connection might be one to watch in the coming NFL season:
.@BBortles5 to @DedeTHEGreat11. That's something we can get used to seeing on Sunday's. pic.twitter.com/aIJqF9MlLb— Jacksonville Jaguars (@Jaguars) May 23, 2017
- ICYMI, our Kartik Rajendran and Graham Dudley have started a great series about the best Okies and Texans in Oklahoma football, respectively. Can’t wait to see their top tens!
- Athlon ranks the top 25 toughest schedules of the college football season.
- In case you’ve had trouble forgetting that Kansas did in fact beat Texas in football last season, just get yourself a wearable reminder, like the Kansas marching band.
- Pardon My Take is an incredible podcast. It’s hilarious, irreverent, and insightful. They had Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh on this week, and it was great. Interview starts at around the 20:30 mark, with some NSFW language throughout (but not during the Harbaugh interview).
- Former Baylor coaches are spread at programs throughout the country. It’s going to get harder and harder for them to avoid talking about the scandal.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- You know those signs on overpasses that say exactly how high they are so trucks don’t get stuck? Yeah, those aren’t suggestions:
Truck not believing in the posted bridge height at 31st and Yale. pic.twitter.com/pmrm3wtbAg— Ginnie Graham (@GinnieGraham) May 23, 2017
- A Missouri woman gave natural birth to a 13-pound baby. Try not to think too hard about that.