Happy Saturday, Sooner fans!
The forecast is looking pretty promising across the state of Oklahoma today, which is a welcome change from the destructive weather we’ve seen over the past few days. On Thursday and Friday, storms have rained out two of Oklahoma’s baseball games against OSU, as well as the softball team’s first game in the Norman Regional. The baseball team will finish the second half of game one on Saturday at 4:35, and a second (and final) game will be played at 7:05 in OKC. The softball squad trails North Dakota State by a score of 2-0 in the first inning, and play will resume in Norman at 1:30 CT.
- This weekend, the Sooners are hosting Jaquayln Crawford, a talented athlete out of Rockland, Texas. Crawford visited the Texas Longhorns last weekend.
- Jake Trotter of ESPN lists a pair of OU’s early enrollees as potential impact freshmen in the Big 12.
- Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer writes about former OU lineman Daryl Williams and the obstacles his mother has been able to overcome.
- ESPN lists Oklahoma-Ohio State as the game with the highest stakes in 2017.
- Georgia’s locker room now has a DJ booth. Yep.
- The tailgate game in which you throw the bean bags into the holes is called ‘cornhole’, but there are apparently some who disagree.
- Oklahoma City Thunder center Enes Kanter, who is one of my favorite people in sports, has been detained in Romania due to that fact that his passport has been revoked by the Turkish government. Kanter was on a worldwide trip to visit youth camps, but it looks like he’ll have to return to the US. I just sucks that he’s had to spend his 25th birthday in an airport. That sounds awful.
I'm being held at Romanian airport by Police!! pic.twitter.com/uYZMBqKx54— Enes Kanter (@Enes_Kanter) May 20, 2017
“STICK TO SPORTS”
- For those of you who are all about superhero movies (particularly the Marvel universe), Tom Hardy (who is just outstanding) has signed on to play Venom. I’m not a big action movie guy, but people seem to be excited about this.
- Here are the best and worst trailers for this fall’s new TV shows.