Happy Wednesday, Sooner Nation!
Considering that it’s only mid-May, it’s probably unhealthy to already be impatiently waiting on football, but here I am -- and, if you’re reading this, chances you are too.
The summer stretch can be a rough one, and we’re just hitting the dog days. Stay patient, and try to show some extra love to Sooner softball and baseball in the meantime. We’ll keep you up to date until the September 2 opener.
Without further ado:
- Our Graham Dudley takes a look at how the early signing period in December for football will affect Bob Stoops’ recruiting efforts.
- It’s official: DeDe Westbrook has signed his rookie contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Congratulations to the seven OU baseball players who made the Big 12 All-Academic team — especially Austin O’Brien, who earned first team honors for the third time in his career.
- Oklahoma comes in fourth in ESPN’s Big 12 linebacker rankings. Call me a homer, but they’re underrated. Expecting big things from Caleb Kelly and Jon-Michael Terry this season.
- Ready for some peak offseason pettiness? Here’s Texas head coach Tom Herman (left) and his terrible swing:
- Despite Tom Herman’s ugly golf swing, Bill Connelly discusses why Texas’ run of mediocrity is likely to end under the Longhorns’ new coach.
- Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze didn’t want a single thing to do with answering a reporter’s question regarding the NCAA violations that have been miring his team.
- 34 schools (Texas included) around the country sell beer at football games. Momentum is building for more and more schools to do it. In my lifetime, I want to see it at Gaylord Stadium.
- A Florida State starter will be suspended for just one half of their college football opening week game against Alabama. The reason? Targeting in FSU’s bowl game. Jimbo Fisher is, expectedly, not very happy.
- Cardale Jones, infamous for his ‘we ain’t come to play SCHOOL’ tweet, will roast you mercilessly on social media if you let him.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- This is brilliant. An Austin man is suing his date for texting during a movie theater. C’mon — the man just wants face value for the movie she ruined. In her defense, though: $17 is way too high for a movie ticket.
- Rapper A$AP Rocky’s home was reportedly burglarized for over $1 million in property. He was not home at the time of the robbery.