Happy Monday, Sooner Nation! I hope the weekend (and Mother’s day!) treated you as well as it did Sooner baseball and softball.
Patty Gasso’s softball squad won the Big 12 tournament (in addition to their regular season title) on Saturday in a Bedlam matchup. Surprisingly, it’s just the second time the Oklahoma Sooners have completed the title sweep. Congratulations to ace Paige Parker, who took home the tournament’s Most Outstanding Player award.
Pete Hughes’ baseball squad got in on some of the fun too, winning a huge series over fifth ranked TCU in thrilling fashion. Saturday’s game ended with a walk-off homer, and the Mother’s Day game ended in a walk-off single. Cardiac Sooners?
Without further ado:
- Toby Rowland is just the best. Check out his perfect calls of the two walk-offs this weekend. OH, MAMA!
- Get a full recap of Sooner softball’s Bedlam tilt to win the Big 12 title:
- With their victory over OSU, Gasso’s softball squad ended up with the no. 10 overall seed in the NCAA Softball Championship. The Sooners will host a regional in Norman for the seventh-straight year.
- Redshirt freshman linebacker Jon-Michael Terry is ready to step up. Check out his conversation with Brooke Pryor about getting primed to play.
- Congrats to Michael Alford, former Senior Associate A.D. Development at OU, who’s on to a new gig at Central Michigan:
- Wisconsin reportedly pulled an offer from a quarterback after he tweeted that Georgia offered him. Personally, I think it’s incredibly lame of Wiscy to pull something like this, but I guess I understand. Let us know what you think in the comments.
- New Kansas City Chief and 10th overall pick Patrick Mahomes was reportedly robbed at gunpoint on Friday night. Mahomes is safe, but it’s still a scary incident.
- I wrote a piece for The Franchise about Enes Kanter’s best tweets since he joined the Thunder.
- Seattle Seahawks Eddie Lacy loves to eat. It’s no secret. Congrats to the big fella on meeting his target weight and netting 55 grand.
- The play that pushed San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard out of Game 1 (and possibly beyond) against the Golden State Warriors may or may not have been intentionally dirty. At the least, it was reckless and careless.
- Tom Brady won’t admit he’s the G.O.A.T. Yet.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- This is really cool — Cubans have created a clandestine internet network (called SNET) in order to combat the fact that their government banned router imports:
- The Mountain Goats are my very favorite band. Their 16th album, Goths, is streaming on NPR right now. Give it a listen.