Good afternoon, Sooner nation! I hope the weekend treated you well.
Four Sooners were taken in the NFL draft over the weekend, with an additional four landing spots on NFL teams as undrafted free agents. In case you missed them, read our draft profiles for Joe Mixon, DeDe Westbrook, Samaje Perine and Jordan Evans.
Undrafted players who signed deals (Geno Lewis, Charles Walker, Ahmad Thomas, and Jordan Wade, so far) can be found here. We’ll update if any further deals come down the pipeline.
- Lon Kruger and his staff are hot on the tails of 2018 five-star recruit Khavon Moore:
Five-star 2018 guard Khavon Moore mentioned Providence, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma as schools recruiting him the hardest.— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) May 1, 2017
- Listed as a small forward on most recruiting services, the 6’8” Georgia product is lengthy, rangy, and smooth. He makes it look easy:
- What does the future hold for OU football? Managing editor of C&C Machine Jack Shields gives five predictions for the next five years.
- Samaje Perine’s running style is exactly what the Redskins needed.
- Sooner baseball notched a big series victory in Morgantown, their first in over a month.
- Meanwhile, OU softball run-ruled Texas Tech yesterday in Lubbock. Good stuff from Patty Gasso’s squad, who earned their 15th shutout and 14th run-rule (!!!) of the season.
- Spencer Hall makes a modest proposal regarding the future of football. Hall takes a deep dive here into what needs to be done to curtail concussions and head injuries.
- Violence is inherent in football; we laud brutal hits as much as we cheer for skillful catches. It’s not just about violence, Jason Kirk writes: it’s special because it’s a complicated, multi-faceted game.
- Yet again, the LA Clippers have been bounced from the NBA playoffs earlier than anticipated. The real victim in in their under-achieving is the aging Chris Paul.
- I can’t stop laughing at this video, How Bama Fans Watched the Draft:
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- If you don’t make it over to the front page of SB Nation (or haven’t in a while), it’s been refreshed! Definitely worth checking out.
- Ja Rule and Fyre Festival organizers could be on the hook for a $100 million lawsuit on multiple fraud counts. What a disaster.