Happy NFL draft day two, Sooner fans! While the first day of the draft passed without a Sooner being taken, it’s not likely that the second one will. Talk is heating about about the Cincinnati Bengals selecting Joe Mixon with the 41st overall pick.
For all OU-related draft coverage, make sure to follow us on Twitter and keep tuned to our front page. Our NFL draft live thread is also a great resource and a chance to get in on the conversation.
Without further ado:
- Last night’s Lil Wayne show was a star-studded event, with former and future Sooners DeDe Westbrook and Trae Young taking the stage, as well as Thunder players Russell Westbrook and Victor Oladipo:
Russ Westbrook, Vic Oladipo, Trae Young, DeDe Westbrook on stage with Lil Wayne pic.twitter.com/rylRxoqBXK— Matt Ravis (@mattravis) April 28, 2017
- OU hoops will host Northwestern on December 22nd as the beginning of a multi-year series. In case you’ve forgotten, Northwestern made the NCAA tournament for the very first time last year. They’ve got a pretty good following, so it should be a fun series.
- Last season, I felt like Mike Stoops unfairly criticized Charles Walker for ‘quitting’ on his teammates. Walker opens up about a strange period of time and his hopes for draft redemption in this piece by the Tulsa World’s Cody Stavenhagen.
- ESPN’s Jake Trotter breaks down OU’s spring depth chart. Some pretty good insight here.
- Every year in the NFL draft — and this year is no different — we hear about players dropping because of character concerns. But what if those concerns are unverified, as in Dalvin Cook’s case?
- Lavar Ball has repeatedly said that he wants to co-brand his Big Baller Brand imprint with whichever shoe company signs his son, future NBA lottery pick Lonzo Ball. Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour balked at that idea, marking the first time the big three have stepped away from such a highly-touted prospect.
- Dan Kadar grades every pick of the first round of the NFL draft.
- The Indiana Pacers got swept for the first time in NBA history, and now Larry Bird is reportedly stepping down from his President position. With Paul George seemingly on the outs, tough times are ahead for the Pacers.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- What was supposed to be a luxurious, high-dollar music festival only delivered on one of those promises. It turns out this festival was more like Lord of the Flies than Coachella.
- A new Gorillaz album — the first one since 2010 — dropped today. It’s a long one, but I’m really enjoying it so far: