Good afternoon, Sooner nation!
If you’re a regular reader of our Hot Links, then you’ve probably gathered that I’m pretty plugged in to the Thunder and the NBA.
I, like many of our readers, am mourning the end of the Thunder’s season, who were ousted by the Rockets in Game 5. It was a tough way to go out, but then again, there’s never really an easy way.
If you’re bitter, that’s understandable. But just remember: Russell Westbrook gave his 100% this season. And he left it all on the floor. I think it’s time we all took a little break from basketball.
- The Sooners lost out on another recruit -- this time, it was in-state defensive end Ron Tatum. This one especially hurts considering his talent, his proximity, OU’s recent recruiting struggles, and the fact that he chose Texas.
- Oklahoma baseball caught a HUGE break last night. Down 11-3, the game was called due to lightning in the area. Since the game was scratched, it won’t go against their record.
- Find out where OU’s spring game attendance ranks compared to other national powers. It still blows my mind that Nebraska can pull upwards of 80,000 fans.
- While we’re ranking things, see how the Sooners’ schedule stacks up to other Big 12 teams.
- In honor of Adrian Peterson signing with the Saints yesterday, Oklahoma put out this highlight reel of AD’s plays. An added bonus is that you’ll get to hear the dulcet tones of Bob Barry Sr. yelling “TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA!” again:
Before he was a Viking... before he was a Saint... he was a Sooner.— Oklahoma Football (@OU_Football) April 25, 2017
Best of luck in New Orleans @AdrianPeterson! #OUDNA #RBU pic.twitter.com/00j3eKlQqy
- As a writer and media member, it’s tough to see my industry downsize. It’s a competitive business, but media look out for each other instead of looking to cut throat at every step. It’s unique in that way. That’s why, when I heard ESPN was laying off the likes of Brett McMurphy, Jeremy Crabtree, Ed Werder, and others, I really felt for them. Tough day for everyone, but especially them and their families.
- In much lighter news, a list of aliases that the Thunder used when they stayed in Houston was found after Game 1. I’m torn: was Russell Westbrook Crash Bandicoot or Bruce Wayne? Jack would like to let it be known that the person who chose Marty Funkhouser as an alias receives a gold star.
- For every person celebrating Westbrook’s historic season, it seems like there are three trying to poke holes in it. Here’s what haters don’t get about his incredible season.
- Last year, the story of the draft was Laremy Tunsil’s colossally bad night (you know, the gas mask guy?) We’ll never know who hacked his Twitter account.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- RIP Jonathan Demme, director of Silence of the Lambs and Philadelphia.
- Father John Misty released the video for Total Entertainment Forever starring McCaulley Caulkin, and, uh, it’s pretty interesting: