Good afternoon, Sooner nation!
Oklahoma’s recruiting struggles haven’t quit come to an end. 2019 recruit Arjei Henderson announced over the weekend that he’ll be decommitting from Oklahoma. Unfortunately, that’s the risk you run with players who are over a year out.
There shouldn’t be too much stock placed on that, though, at least for now: Oklahoma’s talent pool will be just fine. I’ll be worried if (and only if) this becomes an extended trend for the Sooners in recruiting.
- Burnt Orange Nation, SB Nation’s Texas blog, spoke to Texas commit and Oklahoma native Casey Thompson (younger brother of Kendal and son of Charles) about Oklahoma’s renewed interest in him. With Cameron Rising now on board in Austin, it’ll be a battle for Thompson to nab the job down there. A Thompson defection isn’t a certainty at this point, but he has plenty of time to change his mind.
- In case you missed it, our Graham Dudley wrote about what Oklahoma might do to try to replace Rising after he bolted for Austin.
- The Sooners could be receiving some good news in the near future from 2018 CB Starrland Baldwin. The Houston native has been high on OU for some time now.
- While Texas A&M’s Myles Garrett is getting the majority of the draft buzz, there is one NFL executive who thinks Joe Mixon is the best player in the draft.
- Huge shoutout to the men’s gym squad, who notched the national championship over the weekend — their second straight.
- Taco Charlton, a defensive end and likely first-round pick out of Michigan, has an All-NFL name. Here’s a little insight on his moniker.
- ESPN breaks down college football’s best ‘NFL factories.’ Miami has put a shocking amount of solid pros into the league.
- Russell Westbrook and reporter Berry Tramel got into a bit of a post-game dust-up over a question addressed to Steven Adams:
- Charlotte Wilder hilariously gives 17 takeaways from the tense press conference moment. 1-13 are especially insightful.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- Addison Russell, shortstop of defending World Series champs the Chicago Cubs (I never tire of saying that, by the way), has an unusual collection — Pokemon cards. But Addy goes one step further — he gets MLB players to autograph his cards based on their playing style. Super cool stuff, in my nerdy opinion.
- Josh Homme’s band Queens of the Stone Age have apparently finished recording and mixing their next album. The follow-up to ...Like Clockwork is much anticipated.