What. A. Weekend. My head is still spinning from the insanity that was last weekend, but nothing did it for me more than seeing Russell Westbrook take the triple-double record and the game right out from underneath the Nuggets with a buzzer-beater three.
Add that to the OU Red-White game, The Masters, and baseball, and my head is still spinning.
Without further ado, enjoy a round of Hot Links on the house:
- If you missed them, check out our reactions to the spring game. Graham Dudley writes about the Sooners’ youth movement, Kartik Rajendran breaks each position group down, and Jack Shields details why the hype for Parnell Motley (and a few others) is justified.
- Bob Stoops has an air of confidence around him lately, and he should — the Sooners are primed to make a run at the playoffs. Eric Bailey details exactly what has Bob so sure in his squad this season.
- John E. Hoover breaks down which players impacted Saturday’s Red-White game the most. High praise is heaped upon the backup quarterbacks (especially Kyler Murray), and it certainly seems warranted to me.
- Marcelias Sutton was a huge highlight for me, and I think he’s going to surprise people with his quickness and speed out of the backfield. Cody Stavenhagen writes about Sutton’s journey to Norman.
- RIP to Spike Dykes, Texas Tech’s winningest coach in school history. It’s never easy to see an icon depart, but Dykes’ folk hero status amongst Tech fans makes this an especially tough loss.
- Air Raid quarterbacks have never been able to translate their game from the college to pro level very well. Might Davis Webb or Patrick Mahomes break that stigma?
- I am all for the Pac-12 championship game happening in Las Vegas. Thanks to the Raiders, that is a distinct possibility.
- I mentioned Russell Westbrook’s buzzer-beater earlier in this piece. I am delighted to share with you the 14 most agonized fan faces after Russ sunk the shot.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- I don’t understand how, in 2017, overbooking flights is still a thing. A man was forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight by security after it was overbooked, and the video is pretty disturbing. It’s like they saw last week’s Pepsi/Kendall Jenner PR disaster and said ‘HOLD MY BEER!’
- One-third of Americans are alright with eating lab-grown meat. Once it becomes less prohibitively expensive, I really think this is the wave of the future.