I’m actually getting excited for baseball this year. Even though I’ve been a lifelong Cubs fan — I inherited it, okay?! — it usually takes me until June or July to become fully engaged. This season feels different though. A World Series victory will do that for you, I guess.
- Speaking of baseball: the Sooners dropped one to Wichita State on Tuesday, ending their winning streak at 12. Read Jack’s recap in case you missed it. Tough game for OU — they’ll look to bounce back against Buffalo today.
- Continuing with the diamond sports: Paige Parker threw a two-hit, ten-inning shutout against Tulsa last night. Impressive but not entirely surprising stuff from Patty Gasso’s ace. Parker also started the rally that would prove the game-winner with a leadoff double. Good stuff.
- It’s never a bad idea to add depth. Josh McCuistion of Rivals.com writes about Kentucky grad transfer Jeff Badet. Badet, a 6’, 172 lbs. receiver, could see similar success to last season’s Geno Lewis should he choose to come to OU. Badet makes a pretty funny observation about the Stoops brothers’ lips, too, which definitely makes it worth the read. Sounds like he enjoys Norman, and I think OU can definitely edge out West Virginia and the rest of the competition.
- Jordan Evans had an absolutely phenomenal pro day yesterday, including a 38.5 inch (!!!) vertical. The Tulsa World’s Cody Stavenhagen wrote about what Jordan was feeling and how he prepped for his big day.
- Kenny Stills has re-upped with the Dolphins on a team-friendly deal worth $32 million. It seems like Tony Jefferson will be joining the Baltimore Ravens, bolstering an already scary defense. Congrats to these former Sooners for cashing in!
- SB Nation’s Richard Johnson and Bud Elliott broke down predictions for next year’s recruiting rankings. OU falls just outside of the top ten at 11. Kansas? Tenth.
- Recruiting is all about catering to the athlete and making them feel wanted. Something tells me misspelling a player’s name like Ohio State did is a no-no.
- Tony Romo will reportedly be released by the Dallas Cowboys today. Luckily, he’ll get to choose his own adventure. UPDATE: Looks like he's gonna be traded instead!
- Former Texas quarterback Vince Young is expected to make his comeback north of the border soon.
- FC Barcelona completed one of the greatest comebacks in history against PSG, one I’d argue better than the Patriots in the Super Bowl or the Cavaliers in the NBA finals.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- NEW FLEET FOXES SINGLE! Get hyped. New album coming in June:
- Congress approved NASA’s $19.5 billion budget, pleasing space nerds around the country like myself.