As the Sooners gear up for the spring, the school released an updated roster on Monday ahead of the first practice Tuesday.
Here's the #Sooners spring football roster. We'll hear from Bob Stoops at noon. pic.twitter.com/2XMt6hXyHN— Nate Feken (@TheGreat_Nate) March 20, 2017
A few things are worth pointing out:
- Marquise Brown (who will wear 5) is listed at only 148 pounds. Someone needs to take than man to Diamond Dawgs!
- The other early enrollees:
4 Trey Sermon: 6-0, 215
6 Levi Draper: 6-2, 214
7 Marcelias Sutton: 5-8, 191
8 Chris Robison: 6-1, 173
9 Kenneth Murray: 6-2, 232
15 Addison Gumbs: 6-3, 218
25 Justin Broiles: 5-10, 167
27 Jeremiah Hall: 6-1, 229
56 Creed Humphrey: 6-4, 312
80 Grant Calcaterra: 6-3, 220
- JUCO RB Marcelias Sutton will wear the number 7 as a Sooner. I’m a big fan of that number. It always looks good on a skill-position player!
- John-Michael Terry is listed at 246 pounds. It’ll be nice to have a player of that size to plug up holes in the middle.
- Du’Vonta Lampkin is listed at 354, but Bob Stoops mentioned that he’s actually down in the 320-330 range as I was typing this.
- I don’t see Gabe Campbell...
- Joe Castiglione Jr. (obviously the son of Joe C) is now on the OU roster as a fullback. He was formerly a student assistant, but he asked Stoops if he could come aboard after the bowl game.
- Jordan Parker will now wear 1.
- Kapri Doucet will now wear 16.
Other than this, there’s nothing too revealing about this updated roster (which is probably a good thing). We’ll have a recap of Bob’s presser for you this afternoon!
Have something to say? Type something in the comments section! We’d love to discuss this topic with all of you.