Happy Thursday, Sooner fans! We’re less than a day away from the start of the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine, so there’s definitely plenty of material to discuss.
- This is a huge weekend for Dede Westbrook, who has a lot to prove both on and off the field in Indianapolis. Kevin Casas of the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram details what he’ll be going through this weekend.
- Speaking of Dede, he received a ringing endorsement this morning from Lil Wayne via Twitter.
Dede Westbrook. THE best receiver in the draft hands down There's a reason he was a Heisman finalist & Biletnikoff Award Winner #NFLCombine— Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) March 2, 2017
I — along with most people — actually think Mike Williams of Clemson is the best prospect at that position, but it’s pretty cool to see OU guys getting some recognition from famous people who are outside the realm of sports.
- It’s no secret that Samaje Perine is a freak in the weight room, but the folks over at STACK think he has a good chance to break an NFL Combine record.
- According to Ian Rappaport, Charles Walker has received a clean bill of health.
#Oklahoma DT Charles Walker is “symptom-free & neurologically intact” after his concussions, Dr. Ian Armstrong wrote all 32 teams last night— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 2, 2017
Regardless of how you may feel about him ending his career at OU, this is good news for Charles, who will now be able to focus on showing off his physical prowess in Indianapolis.
- Berry Tramel is still writing about Baker Mayfield while the rest of us have pretty much moved on.
- Check out this slideshow of photos from AD’s time in Minnesota, which has more than likely come to an end. The Vikings have been my second-favorite team (behind my Chefs) over the past decade, and this is (probably) the end of an era for OU fans such as myself.
- Mike Farrell of Rivals has 10 questions regarding high-profile programs heading into the spring, and one involves OU.
- Joe Mixon spoke with Albert Breer of Monday Morning Quarterback about his past. Give it a read.
- Mike Gundy and Hugh Freeze are quarreling over the validity of their Sugar Bowl match-up from over a year ago, and both of them need to chill out. I’ve kind of grown fond of Mike recently, but he needs to take that L like a man. Hugh, on the other hand, just needs to keep his mouth shut in general for the time being.
- Like recruiting stories? Of course you do! Here’s one about Nick Saban’s recruitment of Jonathan Allen.
- Remember when Marshall was competitive on the football field? Here’s why they aren’t anymore.
- The Texas Rangers are now investigating Baylor’s response to sexual assault claims. Speaking of Baylor, Jenni Carlson of the Oklahoman wrote some words about Kim Mulkey’s comments and how they demonstrate that Baylor’s culture is still toxic.