With all due respect to the (ostensibly sensible and fine) fine people who make up the Oklahoma State athletic department:
WHAT IN SAM HELL (or Sam Hill) ARE YOU DOING?
In case you have no idea what I’m talking about, first year head coach Brad Underwood jumped ship after just one successful season. As Berry Tramel writes it, the blame lies at both sides, but I tend to sympathize with Underwood in situations like this. Just pay the man.
Thankfully, Lon Kruger doesn’t seem like the kind of coach to bolt so quickly, and Joe Castiglione seems to take care of his coaches pretty well.
- Coach Lon Kruger spent some time at Illinois and thinks Underwood will fit in pretty well.
- Sherri Coale’s Sooners handled Gonzaga yesterday. Now, they only need just one more victory to advance to Oklahoma City. In case you missed it, check out our recap here written by ringleader Jack Shields.
- Brooke Pryor details OU’s defensive storylines heading into spring practice. I’m especially interested in how the secondary will shake out. Justin Broiles could garner himself some hype if he shows out.
- Congrats to the men’s gymnastics team, who completed their third consecutive unbeaten season against Illinois.
- This is pretty cool: Chad Thomas, a defensive end from Miami, produced the intro track on Rick Ross’s new album.
- March Madness has been kind of boring so far. Louis Bien concludes that the lack of chaos is the real madness.
- Mike Rutherford wraps up the best (and worst) from day three of the tournament.
- Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh has been elected to the Senior Bowl Hall of Fame, because apparently everything needs a hall of fame now.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’