I think I was feeling just a little bitter when I bashed college basketball and the NCAA Tournament a few days ago. It really is a marvel, and there’s no equivalent anywhere else in sports.
I’ve included a plateful of tournament themed stories for your reading pleasure below:
- Joe Mixon is an intriguing draft day story. We know he’s a first or second round talent, but NFL teams have seemed reticent about entertaining the idea of drafting Mixon. While many experts predicted a mid-to-late round spot for Mixon, it seems like he’s gaining traction, and could potentially be off the board by the end of the first round.
- DeDe Westbrook has been busy too, meeting with the Browns, Jets, Dolphins, and Chargers.
- OU women’s basketball needs to win just two games to advance. Let’s take this time to look back at the 18 straight (!!!) NCAA tournaments that Sherri Coale has made.
- OU baseball beat Georgia State 6-5 yesterday. In case you missed it, our own Graham Dudley neatly wrapped up yesterday’s game. OU will take on Kennesaw State next on Friday.
- One of the nations top basketball recruits could be on the move. Michael Porter Jr. had initially committed to Washington, but they fired longtime head coach Lorenzo Romar. Now, the program is in total disarray, and with his father reportedly heading to the Mizzou coaching staff, it may be just a matter of time until Porter is playing for the Tigers.
- There are a lot of teams in college basketball, and it’s impossible to keep up with every single one. Brush up on the NCAA tournament’s best players with Ricky O’Donnell.
- SBNation’s Jason Kirk created a bracket for a 68-team NCAA tournament for football, and I have to say that I love it. Oklahoma as a one seed with a relatively easy path to the title? Sign me up.
- Similarly, check out the March Madness bracket if the predictions were based entirely on football.
- Tom Crean just got canned by Indiana. 166-135 in nine seasons simply won’t cut it in Bloomington.
- Russell Westbrook’s teammates have commenced the MVP PR campaign for Russ Westbrook. This is fantastic:
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3 has been confirmed by James Gunn. Hell yes.
- Someone keeps planting empty steak sauce bottles around an Ohio library, and nobody (perhaps not even the culprit) has any idea why.