Happy hump day, Sooner fans!
- According to a report from The Oklahoman’s Brooke Pryor, the Sooners are installing some new turf at their practice facilities.
- Max Olson of ESPN has ranked the Big 12’s backfields heading into the spring, and he has the Sooners at No. 8 in the league. Yeah, I’m sure a bunch of highly-touted recruits running behind an incredibly experienced offensive line won’t have a better season than the backs at Iowa State or Kansas State! To be fair, they’re the rankings heading into the spring, so I imagine Max will have the Sooners in the top half when he updates the list in a few months.
- Cody Stavenhagen of the Tulsa World discusses how Oklahoma’s crowded quarterback room will help OU in the long run.
- Former USC Trojan Adoree’ Jackson was in OKC for the Thorpe Award Ceremony, and he had nothing but good things to say about OU and the coaches who recruited him.
- Here’s a ranking of the schools who out-recruited their conferences in 2017. Your favorite school is high on the list!
- The Big 12 has announced Baylor’s “punishment”, saying that it will withhold 25% of Baylor’s conference revenue until the university can verify through a third party that it has taken appropriate measures. Baylor’s interim president stated the following in a press release: “No other university in the country has responded as aggressively and decisively as Baylor regarding incidents of sexual assaults on campus.” Um..... what?
- As you’ve probably already heard, Steve Sarkisian is leaving Alabama for the Falcons after only one game as offensive coordinator. According to SB Nation, Sarkisian and Nick Saban had some significant disagreements after the loss to Clemson.
- Bill Connelly delves deeper into ULM football than anyone outside of the program probably ever has, and it’s actually a pretty interesting read.
- Wanna know stuff about football in France? Here you go. I guess this isn’t technically a national link, but I think you may enjoy it nonetheless.
- Anthony Rizzo is the man!
“Stick to sports!”
- Here are 20 of the best political impersonations in SNL’s history according to Rolling Stone. Like SNL, this is pretty hit-and-miss.
- Get to know the “Darth Vader” of Russia.
- Here’s the list of live performances that will take place at the Grammys, which includes tributes to Prince and George Michael. The tribute artists will be a surprise, but I’m not too blown away by any of the other live performers (with the exception of Gary Clark Jr.).