Happy Tuesday, Sooner Nation!
It would feel just a bit happier if the Sooners had held on to their 12-point lead against Kansas.
I feel a seething hate for Kansas that I don’t even feel towards Texas. It makes sense, actually — Oklahoma regularly beats Texas, but Kansas provides such pedestrian beatdowns to Oklahoma basketball regularly that it’s hard not to see red when Bill Self’s squad is doing its thing.
I hate Kansas.
Without further ado:
- The author of this piece got OU’s basketball’s record way wrong (10-13 at time of writing), but it’s possible that they, like many other Sooner fans, tuned out about six games ago.
- The Tulsa World’s Eric Bailey breaks down what happened in OU’s loss to Kansas last night. It was a wrenching loss for the Sooners. As in so many games this season, they held a lead but gave it away in the end.
- Kyle Boon of CBS Sports mostly gets it right here -- except for the fact that he includes Darrion Strong-Moore in a “talented core”. I like the guy and his attitude, but he can’t be considered a member of the core.
- NewsOK’s Berry Tramel entertains the idea of stripping Baker Mayfield’s captaincy as a punishment for his arrest. Let’s just add that to the circular file full of terrible Tramel ideas.
- The diamond sports are in full swing (pun completely intended). OU baseball will take on Little Rock later today at 3 CST.
- Looks like Adrian Peterson won’t be a Viking next season, as his team has declined his 2017 contract option.
- After the OU women’s game against Baylor last night, BU coach Kim Mulkey deflected a bunch of questions about her stupid and insensitive comments from Saturday.
- Several college football programs are in some serious debt. Michigan? $240 million. Cal? $445 million. These numbers are concerning to say the least.
- Pope receives offer from Notre Dame. MAKE THIS HAPPEN, SOUTH BEND. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT’S HOLY.
- Georgia is raising half a million dollars for Devon Gales, a player from Southern who suffered a paralyzing spine injury against the Bulldogs. The money will go to towards building Gales and his family a new and accessible home.
- Duke quarterback Thomas Sirk will transfer, and is immediately eligible to play wherever he lands for his sixth and final season.
- Looks like K-State’s John Currie will be Tennessee’s next athletic director.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- Despite there not being a single red pixel in this image, these strawberries still appear red to the human eye. What gives?
- Horizon Zero Dawn is out today! It’s an incredible looking game that I’ve been hyped on for a while. I may or may not be going to purchase it just as soon as I post this.
- Russell Westbrook was on stage with Migos last night in OKC ! You’ll also see a familiar face or two in the background... (Warning: explicit language)