Want to know a secret? I secretly love Mondays. It’s an underrated day in my opinion.
Former Sooner Buddy Hield was a focal piece of the trade that Adrian Wojnarowski broke last night, sending him (and a handful of other players) to Sacramento in exchange for DeMarcus Cousins. On the face of it, this seems like an absolute steal for the Pelicans.
- Tim Cato seems to agree with my assessment, writing that the Kings reached for Buddy Hield because they’re infatuated with him. Hield was the sixth pick overall, but Cousins is an established talent and a perennial All-NBA player.
- Derek Peterson of the Oklahoma Daily details how Buddy will fit in in Sactown.
- OU is in the running to land a graduate transfer from Clemson. Scott Pagano, projected as a top 10 DT in his draft class, has narrowed his list down to just seven schools.
- Find out how OU took advantage of the traditional Texas powers taking a step back in recruiting in this piece by SB Nation’s Richard Johnson.
- KD and Russ Westbrook had a pretty messy divorce. Last night’s alley-oop in the All-Star game is going to be as close of a reconciliation as we’re likely to see any time soon between the two.
- Former patriots TE coach Brian Deboll is Alabama’s next offensive coordinator. ‘Bama fans, ever resourceful, have created a petition to change his name to ‘Run Daboll.’
- Harris Highlights of YouTube put together a top 100 plays reel from last season. If you’ve got about an hour to kill, I can’t think of many better ways.
- James Franklin and his staff responded to Mike Gundy’s infamous singlet video after Penn State toppled OSU:
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- Kurt Cobain would have been 50 today. His daughter, Frances Bean, left a pretty touching tribute to the influential Nirvana headman.
- Mark Cuban is asserting that automation will take most of our jobs someday, so you’ll have all the time you need to became a Madden master soon enough.