Good afternoon, Sooner nation! Everyone here at Crimson & Cream Machine wishes you a happy Valentine’s Day in advance.
If you don’t have someone to celebrate it with, don’t despair; we’ll be your Valentine’s date.
Without further ado, here are some quick reads to get you through your day:
- Former Sooner Buddy Hield found himself in a bit of trouble after getting tangled up with Kings big man DeMarcus Cousins on a screen and, uh, grabbing hold of Cousins’ nether regions. I don’t know about you, but it seemed like all ball to me.
- We’re just three days from Norman North guard Trae Young’s announcement. The McDonald’s All-American seemed pretty thrilled to be receiving his jersey.
- Former walk-on wideout T.J. Hamilton is in a bit of trouble. Now 30, Hamilton is under heat after being accused of providing investors with patently false claims about a sham company he created. Hamilton allegedly some of the $850,000 on his once-budding country music career.
- Some very sad news for all college football fans: Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder has been diagnosed with throat cancer. His prognosis is ‘excellent,’ according to his doctors, and Snyder says it won’t affect his coaching duties. We wish the best to one of college football’s all-time greats.
- It’s probably a little early to be worrying about FPI rankings, but here we are. ESPN’s Chris Low says Oklahoma (no. 3) is overvalued, whereas Oklahoma State (no. 26) is undervalued.
- Ex-Arizona QB Anu Solomon has a new home in Waco. He’ll bring a much needed veteran steady presence that Baylor is missing.
- I still can’t get over Justin Timberlake’s smooth-as-all-hell putt celebration from the PGA Pro-Am:
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- I have many fond memories of visiting the OKC Zoo as a kid, and even taking home several little molded plastic animals from the Mold-A-Rama machines stationed around the zoo. Nobody is more excited for their return than The Lost Ogle’s Patrick, though.
- Chance The Rapper’s Grammy’s performance last night was phenomenal — and I’m not the type of person to fawn over awards shows. You owe it to yourself to watch it.
- A French businessman is suing Uber after his affair was revealed by the app’s notifications showing up on his wife’s phone. Something tells me this won’t stand up in court.
Have something to say? Leave a comment at the bottom of the page! We'd love to discuss these topics with each and every one of you.