The No. 12 Oklahoma Sooners open Big 12 play in Ft. Worth on Saturday as they take on the undefeated and No. 10 TCU Horned Frogs. The Sooners will look to grab their second top-10 road win their ninth straight game overall.
Oklahoma Sooners (10-1) vs. TCU Horned Frogs (12-0): 1 p.m. CT
Commentary: Mark Neely and Reid Gettys
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM “The Franchise” in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa)
Line: TCU -2.5
- The Horned Frogs have won 17 straight games dating back to last season. Following a Big 12 Tournament semifinal loss in Kansas City, the Frogs went on a tear and won the NIT.
- TCU returned the majority of its core from a year ago, including Kenrich Williams, Vladimir Brodziansky, Jaylen Fisher and Alex Robinson. Williams leads the balanced offensive attack with 14.5 PPG while also leading the team with 9.5 RPG.
- Sophomore wing Desmond Bane and junior big man JD Miller have seen their roles increased this season, with both averaging double figures scoring this season. In total, seven players on the roster are averaging at least eight points per contest.
- The Horned Frogs have picked up their best win of the season against then No. 22 Nevada on Dec. 9. TCU also picked up a quality win in a rivalry game against a talented SMU team. Other than those two contests, the Frogs haven’t really faced much quality competition up to this point.
- Fast Starts - The Sooners have scored an average of 55.8 points in the opening half and have gone to halftime with an average lead of 18.3 points in it’s last four games — three of which were against quality opponents. In each contest, Trae Young and Oklahoma have been able to do enough in the half-court game in the second half to secure victories on each occasion, particularly in it’s games against USC and Wichita State. Young allows this team to run clock when necessary without sacrificing the team’s ability to get a good shot attempt.
- Scoring Streak - If Trae Young scores 20 or more points against the Horned Frogs, he’ll tie Stacy King (11) with the longest streak of games with at least 20 points in school history. Young will also look to hang on to his standing as the No. 1 scorer (28.7 PPG) and distributor (10.4 APG) in the country.
- Christian James - The junior has official kicked the sophomore slump, as he is shooting 51 percent from the field and over 40 percent from three-point range. The when he hits the open attempts created by Young (of which there are many), OU is all but impossible to beat.
I think OU likely builds a big lead once again and, as was the case in LA and Wichita, will have to hang on for a tough W.
Oklahoma 89, TCU 85
It’s not too late to purchase this Trae Young-insired shirt from BreakingT. These are high-quality shirts that can be used to remind your friends that the best player in college basketball lives in Norman, OK.