Oklahoma (8-1) vs. Northwestern State (3-6): 6 p.m. CT
TV: FS Oklahoma
Commentary: Chad McKee, Dan Hughes and Jessica Coody
Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
Radio: Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM “The Franchise” in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa)
About Northwestern State
- Northwestern State University is located in Natchitoches, Louisiana. Here’s how to pronounce the town’s name.
- The Demons are currently 317th out of 351 teams in the KenPom rankings.
- In it’s most recent game, Northwestern State fell by a score of 85-84 at the hands LSU-Shreveport. That’s an NAIA school featuring former Oklahoma State hooper Stevie Clark on its roster. Remember him?
- The return of Kristian Doolittle - After starting 25 games and averaging 9.1 points and 6.2 rebounds as a freshman, Doolittle was forced to sit out during the fall semester due to an academic issue. Oklahoma now adds another talented player to a roster that already had a ton of upside and firepower. Doolittle brings a ton of physicality to the post and can also operate quite well on the perimeter, and it’ll be interesting to see how well he’s integrated back into the rotation. I, for one, can’t wait to see him back out on the floor.
- Trae’s star continues to rise - After that big W at No. 3 Wichita State, Trae Young still leads the nation in scoring at 28.8 points per game while also being third nationally in assists per game at 8.9. He’ll have a great opportunity to improve those averages against the Demons, who allowed Texas to score 105 points in a season-opening beatdown.
- Kameron McGusty - Like Doolittle, McGusty had a pretty promising freshman campaign for the Sooners last season. However, he’s finally looking like the confident scorer he had been a year ago. I think moving back to the bench in favor of Christian James may have taken him out of his groove a bit, but he really hit his stride on Saturday when he scored 17 points against the Shockers. I’d love to see him continue to be assertive offensively when he’s out on the floor, as he provides a very nice spark when Trae Young is on the bench.
Oklahoma 105, Northwestern State 66