Hey folks, we’re in the middle of Week 11 and we’ve got a couple OU squads about to start non-conference play. The OU women’s basketball team has already played an exhibition game, and the men’s squad will play theirs today. Also, the College Football Playoff rankings came out last night with no movement in the top 5, but TCU has moved up to No. 6, making this Saturday a top-6 showdown in Norman.
For today’s Hot Links, find out what the pundits are saying about Oklahoma’s defense, why Christian James changed his number, who made the biggest jump in the CFP rankings and more!
- After last night’s College Football Playoff rankings were released, there was plenty of discussion about Oklahoma’s defense and whether or not it could hold them back from being considered a top 4 team. The Oklahoma Sooners have a major opportunity to gain more respect this Saturday against a TCU team that is known for its defense.
- True freshmen Tre Brown and Tre Norwood are both competing for serious playing time at the cornerback position after last Saturday did a number on the Sooners’ secondary.
- Marquise Brown wasn’t recruited as highly as he should have been because many coaches felt he was too small to play at the D1 level. Oklahoma saw his potential, and now he’s setting school records with his world-class speed.
- YouTuber RJ Young literally handed out ‘Ls’ to Oklahoma State students after OU’s Bedlam win. It’s all in good fun, of course, but wow that’s bold.
- OU men’s basketball will play East Central tonight in an exhibition game before Sunday’s regular season opener.
- Welcome to the Sooner family, Jamal!
- As part of Sooner Sports’ Signature Series, OU men’s basketball guard Christian James explains why he changed his jersey number from 3 to 0, and how he has transformed himself from last season to now.
- Brady Manek is OU’s other true freshman looking to make a name for himself as the basketball season gets underway. The Harrah product may be young, but he’s already shown he can ball.
- Oklahoma linebacker commit Brian Asamoah needs your vote in order to claim his spot in the Under Armour All-American Game. Voting ends Thursday at noon CT.
- In some tragic news, former MLB pitcher Roy Halladay, 40, died in a plane crash on Tuesday. He had been retired from baseball for almost four years.
- Check out this powerful tribute in memory of Halladay, by Grant Brisbee.
- Interesting take on the Wisconsin Badgers’ playoff chances. If they finish the season 13-0, do you believe they would make the playoff?
- Michigan State made the biggest jump in the College Football Playoff rankings that we’ve ever seen, but it’s not the only time a major movement has occurred.
- This might be one of the more comical things you’ll see out of college football this week, and I think Dabo handled it perfectly.
- Texas has suspended starting corner Holton Hill for the remainder of the season for violating team rules. This could potentially affect the Longhorns’ bowl game chances because Hill is one of UT’s best defenders.
“Stick to Sports!”
- This November will be full of visible meteor showers! Find out when and how you can watch these natural wonders here.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!