We made it. Bedlam is officially upon us. ESPN’s College GameDay crew is in Stillwater this morning for what should shape up to be another epic installment of one of the more heated in-state rivalries in the nation. If your entire day isn’t planned around watching the Oklahoma Sooners take on the Oklahoma State Cowboys then you’re doing it wrong. With bragging rights, conference title hopes and a potential playoff berth on the line, expect both teams to leave everything they’ve got on the field.
After that quick little pump up, check out Sooner Sports’ Scene Setter with Toby Rowland, the voice of Oklahoma football, and special guest Jim Ross, a lifelong Sooner diehard. You won’t be disappointed:
And in case you missed the headgear pick, Kirk Herbstreit went with the Sooners, Lee Corso donned Pistol Pete’s head, and everybody fired some shots. Game on.
Now onto the links, where you’ll find Baker Mayfield’s favorite place to carve a defense up, a super creepy parade float, the return of the ‘stache and more!
- Given its lopsided history, every OU coach is expected to dominate the Bedlam series. Thanks to the coaching greats of Sooner lore, much of Coach Riley’s lasting legacy will be determined by his record against the Cowboys.
- Adam Stites of SB Nation lists five reasons for NFL fans to watch Baker Mayfield. It’s good stuff.
- From Lincoln Riley to Baker Mayfield, you better believe these Sooners know what’s at stake and the challenge that lies ahead of them. All week long the team has been dialed in, game faces and all.
- Speaking of game faces, check these out. You knew this was coming:
- Oklahoma State’s stadium is unique because of how close the fans are to the players on the sidelines. Many of these same Sooners are familiar with this environment from visiting two years ago, but the new guys will be put to the test by the raucous and often hostile crowd.
- A word to any fan of a future opponent: when Baker Mayfield beats you, chances are good that he’ll probably be torching your defense right down the middle.
- Check out Baker Mayfield’s interview with Kirk Herbstreit. Good stuff.
- Does Mike Gundy have a Stoops problem or a Sooner problem? We should learn a lot more about which one it is after today’s game.
- Football talent must run in the family because Oklahoma running back Rodney Anderson’s uncle, Mark Anderson, played for the Alabama Crimson Tide back in his college days. Mark has been an influential person in Rodney’s life and helped drive him to the success he’s now seeing on the field.
- In case you missed it, 2019 4-star point guard De’Vion Harmon committed to OU yesterday:
- Congratulations on your decision, young man! You made a great choice. Jack wrote more about it when the news broke, so you should definitely check that out here.
- So LeBron James went nuclear last night against the Washington Wizards to the tune of 57 points plus a bunch of other numbers he stuffed onto the stat sheet.
- The World Series winning Houston Astros have been celebrating like any champions should. Check out the highlights from all the festivities.
- While there were many fun moments from the celebration, there was also this kinda sorta terrifying parade float rolling around. I might have nightmares now:
“When you’ve seen one parade float, you’ve seen them a–“ pic.twitter.com/BsE3Ieqnh6— MLB GIFS (@MLBGIFs) November 3, 2017
- Ohio State wide receiver Parris Campbell has been ruled out for the Iowa game. Campbell leads the 6th ranked Buckeyes in receiving yards and has three touchdowns on the season. Could prove to be a major loss against the upset-minded Hawkeyes.
‘Stick to Sports!’:
- With a name like Strudel, it’s like they set this dog up for this fate. I’m proud of her for putting in the hard work to drop some of that extra poundage! I could sure use this kind of commitment to healthier habits in my own life:
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!