Once again it’s game day, folks! The Oklahoma Sooners are hosting the West Virginia Mountaineers in the regular season finale this afternoon. It’s also Senior Day for Oklahoma, which means there will be plenty of emotions to go around before kickoff. Check out what a few of the seniors had to say leading up to their final home game:
Jordan Thomas also posted one. His is....interesting: pic.twitter.com/gF8mCnfMBD— Kegan Reneau (@KeganReneau) November 25, 2017
As always, you’ve gotta check out the latest Scene Setter with the voice of OU Football, Toby Rowland. It’ll warm your heart and stand the hairs up on the back of your neck.
Now on to the Hot Links! There you’ll find out how fans have related to Baker Mayfield, what Joel Klatt thinks about the anti-Mayfield narrative, which coaches have been hired and fired this weekend and more!
- They did it once again. I know it’s been said before, but Oklahoma’s social media game is serious.
- Here’s a quick rundown of all the seniors who will be participating in their final game in Norman today.
- Because he’s not starting the game, some have wondered when Baker Mayfield will finally come in to play against the Mountaineers. Beyond that, there is a question about whether or not Mayfield will still be himself and play like himself. KU tried to get Mayfield out of his game, but that’s not necessarily a blueprint for success going forward.
- One thing is for sure, OU fans everywhere will remember the final time Baker played on Owen Field. Something that a lot of Sooner fans love about Mayfield: they can relate to his story. OU gave Mayfield a chance when others wouldn’t, and that is something many of us have dealt with at some point in our lives.
- Joel Klatt discusses what he thinks about Baker Mayfield and the Heisman Trophy:
- Take a look at some hot takes from the past week in sports. As you can probably guess, Baker Mayfield is at the center of at least a couple of them.
- Check out these five questions Oklahoma will have answered by the end of the West Virginia game.
- OU men’s basketball will be making a return trip to the Bahamas during Thanksgiving week of 2018 in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament. It’s a great opportunity for the team to play some quality non-conference opponents while also getting to experience a different culture.
- Pitt beat Miami yesterday in a monumental upset, and Head Coach Pat Narduzzi called it at halftime:
PAT NARDUZZI JUST CALLED HIS SHOT AND WALKED OFF pic.twitter.com/vJAr5fX23b— Connor O'Gara (@cjogara) November 24, 2017
- Arkansas fired Head Coach Bret Bielema right after losing to Missouri Friday night. Bielema was with the Razorbacks for 5 seasons, making only 3 bowl appearances.
- Nebraska has fired Mike Riley after a disappointing run in Lincoln. The Cornhuskers have had their eye on hiring UCF’s Scott Frost, who played for Nebraska under Tom Osborne.
- Texas Tech Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt says Coach Kliff Kingsbury will remain at the school for the 2018 season. There were rumors swirling around before Friday night’s win against the Texas Longhorns that Kingsbury would be fired at the conclusion of the season.
- Sources are reporting Chip Kelly has chosen UCLA over Florida. If Kelly does indeed join UCLA, the Bruins matchup with the Sooners in the coming seasons will become that much more compelling.
- Ouch. The Atlanta Falcons will never live down that epic Super Bowl collapse.
‘Stick to Sports!’:
- The CEO of Amazon, Jeff Bezos, was already the richest man in the world. After Black Friday, he just became a whole lot richer. Bezos is now worth $100 billion dollars. Hey Jeff, if you need an idea guy or somebody to crack ill-timed jokes, please consider me.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!