Hello again, Sooner fans! We are just two days away from the 112th installment of the Bedlam Series. The Oklahoma Sooners will battle the Oklahoma State Cowboys in Stillwater with conference title and College Football Playoff dreams at stake. Before kickoff gets here, I highly suggest you mentally prepare yourself by reading up on today’s Hot Links! Here you’ll find out what Baker Mayfield thinks about being the underdog, how Cale and Mike Gundy’s sister handles Bedlam, how many friends Orlando Brown has, and much more. Check ‘em out now!
- Spencer Hall compares Baker Mayfield to Russell Westbrook. Most of Oklahoma approves.
Ohio State and Georgia are flying high, but they must remain v...
The one where Spencer Hall compares Baker Mayfield to Russell Westbrook.Posted by Crimson And Cream Machine on Thursday, November 2, 2017
- According to Vegas, OU is the underdog versus the Oklahoma State Cowboys, and Baker Mayfield disagrees with that.
- Speaking of Mayfield, ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit had in interview with the Heisman candidate that will air Saturday morning during College GameDay. Here’s a sneak peek:
- If you’re looking for an angle to bet on or you simply want some stats to comfort your anxiety, check out Bill Connelly’s three keys that will decide this edition of Bedlam.
- The Gundy brothers live on opposite sides of the dividing line when it comes to their in-state rivalry, but what about the Gundy sister? As you may expect, Bedlam is one of the more emotionally-taxing games for her.
- Oklahoma cornerback Parnell Motley has trained and studied hard to earn his starting spot on the defense, but that only tells half of the story. Through loss and violence, Motley’s journey to Norman was set in motion.
- There’s no question that the social media game for Oklahoma football is at an all-time high right now. From Lincoln Riley’s use of the eyes emoji to how the department promotes itself, the change has resulted in a noticeable uptick in recruiting.
- There are many connections and friendships between players at the Oklahoma schools. Baker Mayfield and Mason Rudolph have developed a friendship off the field, and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo calls OSU halfback Keenan Brown a buddy. As for OU left tackle Orlando Brown? Brown has “no friends in the Big 12.” Stay mean, big guy.
- The Houston Astros beat the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 7 to win the World Series! This championship is the first in the 56 years of the Astros’ franchise history. Congratulations, Houston! You deserve this one.
- This is just a total boss move, I don’t care who you are:
- This is also very cool. Can’t go wrong with LEDs:
- Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook has officially been credited with his fourth triple-double of the season after the NBA reviewed a play that was not previously recorded as an assist. Justice prevails.
- UCONN women’s basketball head coach Geno Auriemma would be willing to hire ex-Louisville head coach Rick Pitino onto his coaching staff. This is interesting, but I don’t really know how to feel about it.
‘Stick to Sports!’:
- I realize Halloween was so last month, but this has got to be one of the more genius costume ideas from this year. Execution is nearly flawless. “Star Wars, baby!”
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!