Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Baker Mayfield has become a regular on The Dan Patrick Show, and the quarterback checked in with Dan once again on Monday morning before his weekly appearance at the media luncheon.
When asked (for quite possibly the millionth time) if he plays with a chip on his shoulder, Baker had a nice response:
“A boulder, I think.”
Yep, a boulder. A chip will not suffice, nor will even an entire bag of chips.
Dan also brought up a little wager between the two of these guys from a previous interview. Back in August, the host agreed to make an attempt at arranging Mayfield to be a backup dancer at a Justin Timberlake concert if the QB threw for 40 touchdowns this season. Mayfield currently sits at 31 with plenty of action remaining, so the goal is well within reach.
Here’s Monday’s interview in it’s entirety:
Note: You can follow this show on AT&T AUDIENCE Network - Channel 239 - Monday-Friday 9:00am - Noon ET.
Alright, on to the afternoon Hot Links:
- Speaking of Baker Mayfield, Dan Kadar of SB Nation has him going No. 7 overall to the
San DiegoLos Angeles Chargers. He also has Orlando Brown and Mark Andrews going in the first round.
- On the recruiting front, a major OU offensive line target has pushed back his commitment announcement. Reuben Unije has been considered a heavy OU lean for some time, so this isn’t fantastic news.
I️ will no longer be committing this Sunday my family and I️ believe that it is in my best interest to wait a little longer. #TheProcess— B I G R E U (@RUnije) November 13, 2017
- Rodney Anderson was named Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week this morning. Anyone who gains at least 139 yards as both a rusher and receiver is usually going to be a runaway winner in that race.
- Speaking of individual awards, freshman point guard Trae Young was named Big 12 Player of the Week after scoring 15 points and dishing out 10 assists on Sunday.
.@TheTraeYoung is the Big 12 Player of the Week. Only the second time in Big 12 history a freshman has earned the honor in the first week of the season.— Oklahoma Basketball (@OU_MBBall) November 13, 2017
➡️ https://t.co/LxybuRI5LK pic.twitter.com/VpnEwlwOSQ
- Do you like stats? Here’s a good one for you. The possibility of Mayfield matching Jones’ TD mark seemed unthinkable heading into the season, but the milestone is actually within reach.
Baker Mayfield is only 16 touchdowns away from matching Landry Jones on OU's all-time passing TDs leaderboard.— Spenser Davis (@Davis_Spenser) November 13, 2017
Mayfield has attempted 652 fewer passes than Jones. #Sooners
- As you probably know by now, Oklahoma teamed up with Jordan Brand late last week. According to Riley, it’s already helping on the recruiting trail.
- Speaking of Riley, here’s a quick rundown of today’s media luncheon.
- What will the CFP rankings look like tomorrow evening? Jason Kirk thinks the Sooners will be No. 2.
- According to a report, Jon Gruden has contacted coaches to potentially work with him at Tennessee. I’m still skeptical, but that’s interesting.
- Speaking of coaching searches, will Chip kelly end up at Florida. It looks like UF is strongly considering the move.
- Unfortunately, the Sooners didn’t claim any new land this week.
“STICK TO SPORTS”
- Have you ever wondered how people colorize old black-and-white photos? Wonder no more.