Hey everybody, we have made it to the eve of one of college football’s biggest weekends in recent memory. The Oklahoma Sooners will be winding down their preparation for the TCU Horned Frogs, but the major news coming from yesterday was this announcement from Sooner legend Blake Griffin:
Griffin has always been a tremendous ambassador for OU sports, so it was great for the student athletes to see him live and in-person with such big news. Check out the link preceding the video and Jack’s take here for more information on what the Jordan brand partnership means and could potentially mean for the future of Oklahoma athletics going forward.
As for today’s Hot Links, you’ll discover how much better the Sooners are on defense in the second half, how Baker can break more records, that Texas lost to Kansas last season and it’s still funny and more!
- For as much negative attention many college football analysts have given Oklahoma’s defense this season, the Sooners are playing considerably better in the second half on that side of the ball, and the numbers prove it.
- Baker Mayfield could etch his name in the record books once again this weekend. If he throws a touchdown pass, he will tie Texas Tech’s Graham Harrell for most consecutive games with a TD pass.
- Look who also came to visit. And yes, fans, don’t let David Boren down. Bring your best.
- Recent history is on OU’s side in November. I find that I’m constantly realizing how huge this game is, and that’s exciting.
- I love what Coach Riley is doing and the trajectory he has the program going in, but Bob will always be the coach I grew up with. Today, Bob’s handling retirement by doing all kinds of things. Read all about those things in this incredible piece.
- The OU women’s basketball team does not have the experienced depth of teams past, so you can expect quality minutes from some new faces. The 22nd ranked Sooners tip-off the season officially Friday night.
- The Ohio State Buckeyes are disappointed with where they are in the season, and with the Michigan State Spartans coming to Columbus, things could get a lot worse for the home team. The Spartans have been the Buckeyes’ kryptonite. All that said, here are some reasons why you should pick the Buckeyes to right the ship.
- Take a walk down meme-ory lane and reflect on the Texas Longhorns losing to the Kansas Jayhawks. What a glorious year it has been for memekind.
- Quintez Cephus, the top receiver for the undefeated Wisconsin Badgers, will miss the remainder of the season after injuring his right leg.
- Seattle Seahawk Richard Sherman ruptured his Achilles tendon last night in the win against the Arizona Cardinals and will miss the remainder of the season. Tough break for the Seahawks.
- Speaking of Seahawks, Russell Wilson was on the sidelines to be further evaluated after taking a hit to the chin, but the tent should be set up before the player is inside. It gets funnier every time I watch it.
“Stick to Sports!”
- Mel Gibson was on Good Morning America and teased at a possible 5th installment to the Lethal Weapon franchise. With the TV series out now, I don’t know about bringing that to life, but I know lots of people who grew up watching LW.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!