Good afternoon, everyone! Hope the mid-week work grind isn’t getting to you as the fall creeps up on us. With basketball starting up and football in full swing, and back-to-back champion women gymnastics beginning soon, it’s a great time to be a fan of the Oklahoma Sooners.
Anyway, here are your Wednesday Hot Links!
- This Saturday is the home opener for conference play, and the the field looks incredible.
- Bowl predictions are stupid (quote me on that) except when it involves OU in the College Football Playoff. USA Today dropped a full list of their predictions regarding the season so far, and Oklahoma squeezes in at 4 to face Clemson.
- Riley has made it a point to compliment Iowa State this week. A lot of that is just coach speak, but Iowa State really does do some things well.
- Did you know that not one, but two of OU’s starting defensive backs are from DC? There’s a good chance you did, but check out this article anyway.
- Eric Striker and Ty Darlington ended their OU careers in 2015, but they’re both still vital members of the football program.
- Former Sooners ace and current Colorado Rockies pitcher Jon Gray will get the ball for the NL Wild Card game tonight, against Zack Greinkie and the Arizona Diamondbacks. Everyone in Norman is pushing for you, Jon. Boomer!
- The MLB Postseason began last night with a New York Yankees win over the Minnesota Twins. There’s still plenty of baseball left, and our baseball friends with SB Nation got you covered.
- Penn State’s Shaquon Barkely is an absolutely electric football player, cranking out highlight-reel plays every Saturday in handfuls. Here’s a list (that will update over the season) of his best plays.
- I’ve said for a while that the SEC was not very good, and Bill Connelly backs my opinion (and the opinion of many) with a lot of facts and numbers, so I think I might be on to something. Here’s why the SEC is a bit of a bummer, except for Alabama.
- Here’s a pretty good article from Bud Elliott regarding coaching buyouts in college football. Maybe Jerry Jones or the Waltons can swoop in and buy out Bret Bielema’s contract?
‘Stick To Sports!’
- Curb Your Enthusiasm is back on TV, after a long hiatus for it’s ninth season. It’s still hilarious. That’s all you need to know.