Happy Halloween, everybody! Tonight is the night that some college football fans have been waiting for, as the first College Football Playoff Rankings will finally be revealed. We’ll see how the committee views the Oklahoma Sooners in relation to Ohio State, but honestly there should only be one way this shakes out in my opinion. Just let it play out, yes, but for right now winning head-to-head should be weighted heaviest. What do you think, Baker Mayfield?
Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield on the premise of Ohio State being ranked ahead of the Sooners: pic.twitter.com/cF9so5exVu— Jake Trotter (@Jake_Trotter) October 30, 2017
Even Mayfield would find it absurd if the Buckeyes are ranked ahead of the Sooners tonight. On the other hand, I know something like this would only fuel the team for the final stretch, starting with Bedlam. So let’s get on with the links! Today you’ll find out who leads in the Heisman Expert’s Poll, what Mayfield expects from Oklahoma State fans, which college football teams can still make the playoffs and more!
- There is more on the line in this year’s Bedlam than in most in the past, but perhaps the most compelling storyline is the battle between Mike Gundy’s mullet and Baker Mayfield’s ‘stache. Things are about to get hairy.
- ESPN has updated its Heisman candidate rankings and Baker Mayfield is trending up while leader Saquon Barkley is trending down. Just keep winning and the trophy should be Mayfield’s to lose.
- There has been a lot of talk about the Sooner defense this season, and for the most part it has been warranted. This week should provide the toughest challenge to date, and Oklahoma will need to be balanced defensively.
- Four Sooners were named to PFF’s Big 12 Offensive Team of the Week:
PFF Week 9 - Big 12 Team of the Week - Offense pic.twitter.com/pjjF74mGuW— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) October 31, 2017
- ESPN’s College GameDay will be in Stillwater this weekend for Bedlam, and Baker Mayfield expects things to get R-rated.
- Oklahoma point guard Trae Young looks to help the Sooners score more efficiently this season.
- Looks like there are only about nine-ish teams with a legitimate chance at the playoffs, and college football is about one week ahead of schedule on utter chaos ensuing.
- With Houston up 3-2 over Los Angeles, the Astros could win their first World Series tonight. I don’t follow baseball like I follow football, but I know how huge this would be for that franchise and that city.
- The New England Patriots traded away Jimmy Garoppolo to the San Francisco 49ers. Here’s what Alec Shane of Pats Pulpit thinks about all of this.
- Turns out Ezekiel Elliott may soon face his suspension after all, and quite honestly this situation has been messy from the start for all parties involved.
‘Stick to Sports!’:
- A 4.1 magnitude earthquake registered early this morning near Hennessey, OK. No major damage has been reported, fortunately.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!