- The Big 12 was barely hyped at all before the year began, but the conference now looks kind of solid heading into the second half of the season. Check out how it could all go down in this ESPN piece.
- Baker Mayfield is a true wonder, as we all know. He’s a Heisman candidate who leads the nation in efficiency, but how does he look to NFL scouts? Some folks are Bullish on Baker. Here’s a good assessment.
- Ogbonnia Okoronkwo discusses turnovers (and the lack thereof so far this season), while Trey Sermon talks about how his big pass play happened in the Red River Showdown last weekend.
- Jack “sat down” with Jon Morse of Bring on the Cats for his weekly Q&A with the opponent. As usual, it’s insightful info heading into the matchup.
- Speaking of Bring on the Cats, here’s how Kansas State feels heading into tomorrow’s game, and what to watch out for once the ball is snapped.
- More and more injuries are hitting Sooners in the NFL, but at least Vikings HC Mike Zimmer has some promising news for us:
Injuries roll for #Broncos. Corey Nelson done. Surgery on elbow tom. Donald Stephenson lower calf tear yesterday.Allen Barbre will start RT.— Kami Carmann (@KamiCarmann) October 20, 2017
#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says Case Keenum will start this week, but believes Sam Bradford will play again this season.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 20, 2017
- We all know how good Oklahoma Sooners commit Jalen Redmond is as a pass rusher, but he can do some things with the ball as well.
- Speaking of recruiting, plenty of notable targets, including Ronnie Perkins and Reuben Unije, will be in town next week for the game against Texas Tech, and they’re tweeting some high-quality edits to let everyone know.
- Finally, here’s a list of secret scrimmages going on around the country. Secret scrimmages are weird/exciting, and it looks like OU will play one against Oregon in Vegas for the second year in a row.
Big 12 Secret Scrimmages -- pic.twitter.com/cu8aNQZQju— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) October 20, 2017
- Get the firsthand report of how Notre Dame’s ridiculously photogenic running back became such an icon.
- Sometimes you watch games and while you’re watching them you realize this is something crazy that people will likely talk about for years. The Chiefs/Raiders NFL game last night was exactly that. Read about it here.
- The NBA coming back has been a nightmare for me, in a great way. I keep telling myself I’ll get up and not watch the next game but great games keep coming on. Ahead of tonight’s next too-good-to-miss game between the Cavs and Bucks, read about how Giannis Antetokounmpo has gone from fun talent to MVP-caliber star.
“Stick to Sports!”
- Endangered animals are a real problem and that’s no exception for the delicious biscuits that Red Lobster serves. The Onion has the full scoop.