Happy Tuesday! It’s a great week in Norman, Oklahoma. We’re keeping the golden hat here where it belongs, teams are playing NBA basketball this evening, and it finally doesn’t feel like you’re standing in a mouth when you step outside. Not to mention, it’s Spooky Season! Personally, I feel great. Let’s check out some links.
- Four Oklahoma Sooners — Mark Andrews, Baker Mayfield, Orlando Brown and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo — have been named Midseason All-Americans by USA Today. I’m especially pleased about the fact that Obo is being given the recognition he deserves, and I’m actually fairly (and pleasantly) surprised by it.
- When it comes to kicking field goals, Austin Seibert makes many of us sick with anxiety. But he was a rockstar on Saturday in all aspects of his game, as is illustrated in this piece.
- Did you notice all the missed penalties during the OU-Texas game on Saturday? If so, you’re not alone. Here’s what Lincoln Riley had to say about them, as well as his thoughts on Sam Ehlinger’s acting ability.
- The updated list of Heisman hopefuls is out and Mayfield is still in the Top 3. Personally, I think quarterbacks have a much better shot at the Heisman than running backs these days, but Barkley has indeed been unbelievable. We’ll have to see how the season plays out.
- Which conference do you find most entertaining? ESPN ranked them by this factor only. I think the Pac-12 and Big-12 are most fun to watch, personally.
- A commentator for FOX read the prompter words instead of following the instructions. A real-life Anchorman moment.
"Look on graphic for the final two bullet points." https://t.co/PGFDmPV9bL pic.twitter.com/ZQRdThbYt6— Deadspin (@Deadspin) October 16, 2017
- The NBA season starts tonight and personally I’m over the moon. Check out this preview from The Ringer to get up to speed and prepare for the upcoming year.
- As you can imagine, there’s plenty of great, exciting basketball writing that’s been released today. My two favorites so far are this GQ profile of Lebron James and ESPN’s inside story of the new Rockets CP3/Harden partnership. If you find more, let me know.
- Rush Roberts of Good Bull Hunting wrote about how A&M fans should stop rooting for the Kevin Sumlin era to end. It’s pretty good.
- BEHOLD! COLLEGE FOOTBALL IMPERIALISM MAP!
- Bill Connelly illustrates seven CFB storylines (with numbers, of course).
“STICK TO SPORTS!”
- I love this long-form piece on Bryan Cranston, because I love Bryan Cranston. Did you know he is 61-years-old? He is a treasure.