We’re only two days away from the greatest rivalry in all of sports (in my opinion)! OU Athletics organized a mass posting of OU highlights on social media with the help of a bunch of former players. Here are some of the best ones:
You can check out a full compilation here.
- FiveThirtyEight provides a deep statistical breakdown of Oklahoma’s College Football Playoff chances, and it’s actually pretty encouraging. There are a lot of things that need fixing, but this season ain’t over by a long shot.
- The Oklahoma Sooners are everywhere. Even India.
Got this from a friend who is teaching in India. Apparently he convinced his students to make the appropriate hand gestures. pic.twitter.com/vhXm5lWiPq— Andrew Gilman (@AndrewGilmanOK) October 12, 2017
- We’re all well aware of how good Tom Herman’s teams can be as underdogs, but Bill Connelly decided to remind us once again. Basically, we shouldn’t feel too bad about last year’s debacle in Houston. I still do and always will, but whatever.
- If Sam Ehlinger starts for the Texas Longhorns, history is not on their side. Since 1990, only two first-time OU-Texas starting QBs have defeated a more experienced counterpart. Sam Bradford was one of them. Can you guess the other?
- Fans, coaches and players alike can all draw encouragement from highways signs in the Sooner State this week:
- Jake Trotter and Sam Khan break down the road to OU-Texas for the two first-year coaches. It’s great stuff.
- I like OU football an awful lot, but I like a good haiku just as much.
OU/TX Haiku:— David Collier (@CollieronTV) October 12, 2017
He'll say Texas Fight
And alright, alright, alright
But still loves Lincoln pic.twitter.com/W95IR52wMj
- Baker Mayfield recently gave a great interview with Bruce Feldman in which he discussed his offseason arrest and a number of other topics.
- ICYMI, I gave a little preview of this year’s new food option’s at the State Fair of Texas. Check it out if you plan on trying something new this year.
- Oklahoma has a lot to lose this week. However, Oklahoma is also one of the teams with the most to gain this week, according to Jason Kirk.
- I think we showed this last year, but It’s worth sharing again.
- Are you a fan of college football (duh) and/or podcasts? Give this one a listen. These guys do a great job.
- Dan Rubenstein and Richard Johnson gave out some super-serious midseason awards this week. Did OU (or anyone from OU) make the cut?
- Apparently Clemson’s DBs wear boxing gloves in practice as a way of discouraging them from grabbing receivers. Does it work? Not sure, but it’s a cool idea.
- OU fans (and DBs) will need to keep an eye on Texas receiver Reggie Hemphill-Mapps, who is developing into a big-play threat.
- Speaking of Texas, I discussed the OU-Texas game with Burnt Orange Nation yesterday. We’ll be posting our own later today.
“STICK TO SPORTS!”
- Look at what folks are doing with calculators now with calculators nowadays! Georgia Tech is about to become a hotbed for music, I guess.