Happy Tuesday, Sooner fans! Here are some links for y’all!
- The final Rivals250 rankings have been released, and 13 Sooners are included on the list. Additionally, 247 has announced its final list of five-star prospects for 2017, and OU commit Robert Barnes has made the cut.
- Speaking of recruiting, Josh McCuistion of SoonerScoop.com has reported on the OU staff’s in-home visit with Jacob Phillips. Things seem to have gone well, but the Sooners don’t appear to be out of the woods just yet. Phillips will be in Baton Rouge for an unofficial visit this weekend.
- Hero Sports selected the all-time rosters for the best programs in college football history, and the Oklahoma Sooners were obviously included. I gave them a bit of input, and I think the final product is pretty solid.
- Fox Sports has released a list of the NFL’s top 21 potential free agents, and a former Sooner made the list. Additionally, Sterling Shepard was named an All-Rookie performer by the Pro Football Writers of America.
Other Sports Links
- New (and old) UConn head coach Randy Edsall has made headlines for rescinding a scholarship offer two weeks before National Signing Day. As you may recall, Jim Harbaugh did this to current Sooner Eric Swenson last year. It’s a practice that has become all too common, but it still infuriates me each and every time.
- Three Oregon football players were recently hospitalized after grueling offseason workouts. This kind of thing shouldn’t be happening in 2017, and hopefully this serves as a lesson to coaches across the country. I assumed coaches knew they couldn’t get away with the “Junction Boys” crap anymore, but I guess I was wrong.
- Here’s a great story from Deadspin on the history of basketball’s popularity in Ireland.
- Many of you are from Oklahoma. Therefore, many of you are Thunder fans. If you happen to be a Thunder fan, you’ll love this list created by The Lost Ogle.
“Stick to sports!”
- The Flaming Lips (who are from OKC) recently discussed their new album and a bunch of other stuff (such as taking ayahuasca with Miley Cyrus) in this Rolling Stone article.
- Check out how Tesla is helping people brew beer at a much lower cost.
- Those of you who watch Game of Thrones will appreciate this washing machine throwing competition featuring The Mountain.