Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Sooner fans! In the spirit of the holiday, I encourage you to read and reflect on some of his most memorable quotes.
- The final Rivals 100 rankings were released today, and five Sooners are on the list. Linebacker Jacob Phillips was upgraded to a five-star ranking, and I think it’s safe to say that other services should follow suit. Another notable riser was wide receiver CeeDee Lamb, who moved up 48 spots to No. 72 in the rankings.
- On the basketball recruiting front, Norman North guard and OU target Trae Young has been named a McDonald’s All-American. If Lon can convince him to stay in Norman, he would be OU’s first McDonald’s All-American under their current coach.
- Former OU offensive coordinator Keven Wilson was relieved of his head coaching duties at Indiana last month. He is now Urban Meyer’s offensive coordinator at Ohio State, which of course means he’ll be coaching against the Sooners in the fall. Berry Tramel delved into the situation in an article published today.
- Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer wrote a very level-headed piece comparing the rookie seasons of Buddy Hield and Jamal Murray. The former Sooner was off to a rough start in his young NBA career, but he seems to have turned it around since his return trip to Oklahoma last month.
- SB Nation’s Bud Elliott and Alex Kirshner have predicted where the top 11 uncommitted prospects will wind up. Speaking of which, all of you should sign up for The Crootletter, which is SB Nation's daily college football recruiting newsletter.
- Bill Connelly has ranked all 21 college football coaching hires, and he thinks most schools did fairly well for themselves.
- Antonio Brown is an idiot!
- Jayson Stark of ESPN explains why transparency is a good thing for Baseball Hall of Fame voting.
“Stick to sports!”
- Sturgill Simpson, one of my favorite musicians, made his SNL debut on Saturday night, and I thought he did an outstanding job!
- For those of you who enjoy humor at the expense of hipsters, Portlandia has been renewed for an eighth and final season.
- Are any of you old enough to remember the show Twin Peaks? Well, it’s coming back in May, and a new teaser has been released.