Happy Tuesday, Sooner fans! I hope the work week is off to a tolerable start for you. If not, here are some links to pass the time.
- The Sooners have voted for their team captains, and they have chosen Baker Mayfield and Samaje Perine on offense as well as Jordan Evans and Ahmad Thomas on defense. The selections make sense and aren’t too surprising. Baker is the starting quarterback and emotional leader, Samaje is mature beyond his years, Jordan Evans is a senior starter and OU legacy, and Ahmad Thomas is the most experienced member of the secondary.
- Understandably, members of the OU football team are “crushed” by the season-ending injury that redshirt freshman running back Rodney Anderson suffered last week. Anderson was impressing in fall camp, and his loss is not to be overlooked. Kelli Stacy of the OU Daily did some good work here.
- Four AP voters selected OU as their No. 1 team for this season, and three of the voters have given their reasons to Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World.
- Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World wishes for a happy ending between Brian Bosworth and Tony Casillas. Casillas has always been outspoken about Bosworth, often to the point that it comes off as petty.
- Clay Horning of the Norman Transcript shares his hopes for the Sooners and the high school teams.
- Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News has a lot to say about OU’s brutal opening schedule in 2016.
Finally, I leave you with a video that with either make your day or ruin your life.