We’re less than two weeks away from college football season, and in order to continue to make this an excellent place for free Oklahoma Sooners coverage, analysis and discussion, we’re looking to expand our staff.
We’re happy to talk to individuals with a variety of interests, but we’re primarily looking for people to fill these two positions:
- Scouting/Recruiting - This person should have extensive knowledge with the X’s and O’s of the game as well as an ability to evaluate talent. Previous experience in scouting is a plus.
- Game Day Writer/Board Moderator - This is a position that is best suited for someone who is not able to make it to the games on Saturdays and is able to work from home (someone who lives outside of the area, for instance). You will be in charge of interacting with fans on the gameday thread as well as writing the preview and recap of the game.
Both contributors will be able to contribute any additional coverage of their choosing.
To be a successful contributor here, you’ll need:
- To be very comfortable using social media
- The ability to write or research without a ton of hand-holding or supervision
- The ability to come up with story ideas
- A passion for Oklahoma athletics
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines
Writing experience is nice, but not super required. A flexible schedule, including some availability on evenings or weekends, is required. We’re looking for the best voices, not necessarily the most experienced writers.
If interested, shoot us a writing sample, a cover letter and your Twitter handle to email@example.com.
Come help us make one of the best OU sites on the web that much better!