Good afternoon, Sooners! I’m currently writing to you from a hotel in Denver and will be posting from Bozeman, Montana and Portland, Oregon for the next week. I needed to get away from the heat, but I also want to see how far I can drive a golf ball at elevation! Probably not that far, but we’ll see.
Here are some links for y’all to look at while you pretend to work on a Friday afternoon.
- According to Brett McMurphy at ESPN, The Big 12 will interview SEVENTEEN schools about expansion. Frankly, I don’t know why Northern Illinois is getting an interview. I’d ignore them like the weird kid in the neighborhood who tries to come over and play N64 with you and your friends. Just turn off the lights and pretend no one’s home, Big 12.
- Sterling Shepard has written a great piece for The Players’ Tribune about making his late father proud.
- Dru Samia, Neville Gallimore and Cale Gundy shared their thoughts on various things with SoonerSports.com.
- Matt Brown of SB Nation ranks the food and drink options with which expansion candidates can bribe the Big 12.
- The Longhorns will be losing a receiver to transfer, according to Burnt Orange Nation.
- Levi Draper spoke with Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World about #SoonerSquad17.
- SoonerSports.com has introduced a new microsite called SurrOUnded, which pertains to the home field advantage at Memorial Stadium.
Have a great weekend, everyone! Don’t get into a bar fight or run from the cops.