After an excellent run, C&CM’s outstanding site manager, M. Hofeld, will be stepping down August 1. We are thankful for his leadership and all his hard work.
That means that Crimson & Cream Machine is looking for a new site manager and also some new writers to beef up the staff and make it fully weaponized for football season.
If you love Oklahoma sports, writing, and the idea of running your own site, we'd love for you to be the new Crimson & Cream Machine manager. Here's what that person does:
- Writes multiple articles about Oklahoma sports each week
- Manages a staff of other writers, editing and scheduling their work
- Runs (or delegates) the site’s Facebook, Twitter, and other evolving social platform accounts
- Makes sure the site publishes enough to grow
- Trains other writers in SB Nation best practices (headlines, formatting, etc)
- Maintains a growing and vibrant community and ensures it is welcoming for everyone
This is a part-time contracted position and comes with a monthly stipend. Previous writing experience isn't required (but it does help), but a familiarity with social media tools, an understanding for what is news and how to find it, and a self-starter attitude are required.
If you’re interested in applying, you can do so here.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.