We are now entrenched in the dog days of summer and as such recruiting takes a back seat. That doesn't mean that commits won't occur, but it's safe to say we have reached a point where news will trickle out and not come in waves. With that being said, we thought it might be a good time to check on that state of Sooners class of 2017 and give you all a slightly optimistic class of 2017 commitment prediction list. You will also notice that this class is slightly larger than previously expected. More on this in another post. So here goes the homerism.
1. 4-Star QB Chris Robison 6-2/195 from Mesquite, TX.
2. 4-Star RB Trey Sermon 6-1/220 from Marietta, GA
3. 4-Star RB AJ Davis 5-11/200 from Lakeland, FL
4. 4-Star WR Charleston Rambo 6-2.175 from Cedar Hill, TX
5. 4-Star WR Jalen Reagor 6-1/190 from Waxahachie, TX
6. 4-Star WR Cedarian Lamb 6-3/190 from Richmond, TX
7. 4-Star WR Omar Manning 6-3/200 from Lancaster, TX
8. 3-Star TE Grant Calcaterra 6-4/210 from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
9. 4-Star OL Tyrese Robinson 6-5/300 from McKinney, TX
10. 4-Star OL Chuck Filiaga 6-6/330 from Aledo, TX
11. 4-Star OL Adrian Ealy 6-7/285 from Gonzalez, LA
12. 3-Star OL Creed Humphrey 6-4/290 from Shawnee, OK
13. 4-Star DT Greg Rogers 6-4/305 from Las Vegas, NV
14. 3-Star DT Deiontae Watts 6-3/300 from Plano, TX
15. 3-Star DE Dayo Odeyingbo 6-5/245 from Carrolton, TX
16. 4-Star LB Levi Draper 6-2/215 from Collinsville, OK
17. 4-Star LB Anthony Hines 6-3/220 from Plano, TX
18. 4-Star LB Jacob Phillips 6-3/230 from Nashville, TN
19. 4-Star LB K'Lavon Chaisson 6-4/220 from Houston, TX
20. 3-Star DE/OLB Isaiah Thomas 6-5/2230 from Tulsa, OK
21. 4-Star DB Robert Barnes 6-3/200 from Southlake, TX
22. 4-Star DB Tre Brown 5-11/180 from Tulsa, OK
23. 4-Star DB Trajan Bandy 5-10/175 from Miami, FL
24. 4-Star DB Justin Broiles 6-0/170 from Oklahoma City, OK
25. 3-Star JUCO Ath Marcelias Sutton 5-10/195
26. 3-Star HB/TE Jeremiah Hall 6-3/225 from Charlotte, NC
27. Kicker Reeves Mundschau 6-0/170 from New Braunfels, TX
A couple of quick thoughts...
Why 27 in the class now?
The reality of taking Jeremiah Hall and Mundschau appear to be shouting that the Sooners will have more scholarships available for the class of 2017 than first expected. As to where the numbers will come from, we will have to wait and see, because speculation is unhelpful.
How Realistic is this Class?
Honestly there are a few players the Sooners will have to really work for in order to see this class happen. They are Greg Rogers, Chuck Filiaga, and Adrian Ealy. None are super long shots by any shot though.