The building blocks are in place for this to be the best class of Bob Stoops tenure (at least on paper). The Sooners are on an incredible recruiting run right now, and that run should only continue as we move throughout the summer. Here is a quick overview of who we believe will be a part of the Sooners 2017 recruiting class as of today. With the scholarship number situation as it is, we believe this class will finish with 24 recruits. Here are our predictions.
CURRENT COMMITS - 13
1. 4-Star QB Chris Robison 6-2/190 from Mesquite, TX
2. 4-Star RB Trey Sermon 6-1/220 from Marietta, GA
3. 4-Star WR Charleston Rambo 6-2/170 from Cedar Hill, TX
4. 3-Star WR Jalen Reagor 6-1/190 from Waxahachie, TX
5. 3-Star TE Grant Calcaterra 6-4/215 from Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
6. 4-Star OL Tyrese Robinson 6-5/300 from Mesquite, TX
7. 3-Star DE/OLB Isaiah Thomas 6-5/230 from Tulsa, OK
8. 4-Star LB Levi Draper 6-2/215 from Collinsville, OK
9. 4-Star DB Justin Broiles 6-0/170 from Oklahoma City, OK
10. 4-Star DB Tre Brown 5-11/180 from Tulsa, OK
11. 4-Star DB Trajan Bandy 5-10/180 from Miami, FL
12. 4-Star DB Robert Barnes 6-3/200 from Southlake, TX
13. JUCO ATH Marcelias Sutton 5-10/195 from Scranton, PA
COMMIT PREDICTIONS - 12
1. 4-Star RB Anthony Davis 5-11/200 from Lakeland, FL
The Sooners quietly appear to be in the lead for this super talented running back.
2. 4-Star WR Omar Manning 6-3/200 from Lancaster, TX
OU appears to be way out in front here. I believe he takes the spot vacated from former Sooner commit Cedarian Lamb.
3. 3-Star OL Creed Humphrey 6-4/290 from Shawnee, OK
Many are saying that Texas A&M is leading, but I will believe he heads south of the Red River when I see it.
4. 4-Star OL Adrian Ealy 6-7/280 from Baton Rouge, LA
Ealy is a huge and dominant high school offensive lineman. Even though he has an LSU offer, he doesn't seem at all locked into the Tigers. This is a player that Sooner fans should get to know, as he has a better than decent chance to be a surprise and unexpected part of the Sooners class of 2017.
5. 3-Star OL Joel Honigford 6-6/265 from Sugarcreek, OH
An offer from Ohio State could dramatically change things, but as of now this is a battle between OU and Auburn.
6. 4-Star DT Greg Rogers 6-4/305 from Las Vegas, NV
Rogers recently released his top 6 which included the Sooners. I believe that its really a battle between OU and USC. Rogers will visit OU this summer.
7. 3-Star DT Deiontae Watts 6-3/300 from Plano, TX
Watts grew up in Oklahoma as a Sooner fan. This one eventually makes too much sense for it not to work out.
8. 3-Star DE Dayo Odeyingbo 6-5/245 from Carrollton, TX
Odeyingbo just recently picked up an OU offer and I can't see them losing out on his commitment if they truly push after him. He has prototypical size to be 6-5/270+ after a couple years in a college strength program.
9. 4-Star LB Anthony Hines 6-3/220 from Plano, TX
Hines and OU just seem to be a fit. He is planning on enrolling early.
10. 4-Star LB Jacob Phillips 6-3/230 from Nashville, TN
There is lots of talk that the Sooners are out in front for Phillips, who has offers from basically the entire SEC.
11. 4-Star LB Addison Gumbs 6-3/215 from Hayward, CA
Gumbs is planning on deciding at some point this summer. The Sooners are according to many in the driver's seat, but I wouldn't sleep on UCLA
12. 3-Star DB Kamren Curl 6-2/180 from Muskogee, OK (No OU Offer Yet)
I believe the Sooners want another safety in this class and Curl is definitely a player to watch as we move into the fall. An OU offer would all but lock him up.