- Oklahoma leads the all-time series with Wichita State, 15-11.
- Oklahoma pitchers combined to strikeout a season-high 13 batters. It marked the third time this season the Sooners reached double digits.
- OU's win Tuesday night was the first of the season in a game decided by two runs or less. The Sooners are now 1-6 in two-run games.
- Sheldon Neuse hit his third home run of the season. It marked the 16th of his career and also doubled as his 100th career RBI.
- Neuse also picked up his second triple of the year and 12th of his career. He is now tied with Tommy Whiteman (1999-00) for 11th all-time at Oklahoma.
- Alex Wise stretched his streak to 11 consecutive games of reaching base with with his first inning-RBI single.
- The Sooners started a season-high six freshmen on Tuesday, including pitcher Kyle Tyler. OU has used three or more freshmen in the lineup in each of its last three games and four times this season.
- The Sooners' four hits were the fewest in a win since defeating Virginia (6/3/12) in the 2012 NCAA Regional.
- Steele Walker started his 13th game in center field for OU. He is the only Sooner to start every game at the same position this season.