"That was another tough ball game. We got off to a slow start and Kansas did a great job making shots and creating a bit of a margin from which we were battling uphill all night long. I'm proud of the guys' effort. They kept scratching on a night where they weren't making shots, but you have to credit Kansas for a lot of that too. Our guys kept working, kept calm and we were within reach and made a good run there in the second half to get the lead, but with the lead we couldn't get a stop. Credit Kansas for going down and making big plays. (Devonte') Graham of course was great during that stretch. We just have to keep working and regroup and we'll have to play a little bit better and get one next time. - Lon Kruger on the game in general
"Well that's what people are doing now. They're going to stay on Buddy and not leave him, and Buddy has realized that the last couple of games. He kept working, kept battling and made some big buckets in the second half. - Lon Kruger on Buddy Hield's struggle to score
"They were fantastic, it was great. Early in the morning the students were there having a good time and they've been that way all year long. Today was obviously probably the best and the players appreciate that a lot and coaches do too." - Lon Kruger on the crowd at the Lloyd Noble Center
"I thought the way, after playing Buddy the first time, and we held him to 46, I thought the best way was to play underneath him and Devonte' or Frank has to do that. Our deal was when it gets under ten and nobody is in foul trouble, we'll move Frank to him and Devonte' wanted the challenge. We could've put Frank on him, but he was in foul trouble." - Bill Self on why he put Devonte' Graham on Buddy Hield
"We've just got to step up and make shots early. We're always used to making shots early, and getting out on teams, and we haven't been doing that lately. We just have to do a better job and it starts with me, Ryan and Isaiah getting every one together and making shots. - Buddy Hield on the slow starts
"I just feel like we just learn from it, and we can get better from here. With all that's happening with this team, we have key players and good chemistry, so I feel like this is a learning experience. Once we move on, we're going to be rolling again. - Isaiah Cousins on bouncing back from a tough loss
"Preparing for this game and for Oklahoma is not all about Buddy Hield, but everyone. You have to guard Spangler, Woodard, and Cousins. We just tried to contain them and make every shot tough. Buddy still knocked down five threes, so he still got his shots off and had a good game. I just tried to play the very best defense I could. - Devonte' Graham on defending Buddy Hield
• Saturday's loss snapped OU's 19-game home winning streak. The Sooners fell to 5-3 this season against teams ranked in the AP's top 25.
• With 10 treys in the game, OU extended its school record to 16 games this season hitting 10-plus 3-pointers in a contest.
• Buddy Hield and Isaiah Cousins' totals of 20-plus points marked the fifth time this season at least two Sooners have scored 20-or-more.
• OU registered 22 second-chance points in the contest, its highest total of the season.
• Buddy Hield extended his school record for 3-point field goals made to 303. Hield is the first player in OU history to hit 300 3-pointers in a career. He is just the sixth player in Big 12 history to record at least 300 triples in a career.
• Buddy has 101 treys this season, which is eight more than he recorded all of last season.
• Hield now has 1,981 career points, which ranks sixth in OU history. He passed Texas' A.J. Abrams (2005-09) into ninth place on the Big 12's all-time scoring list.
• He has finished with at least 20 points in 18 of 24 games for the Sooners. Hield has knocked down at least three 3-pointers in 20 games this season, including 12 straight contests.
• Hield, who scored 18 points after halftime, has led OU in scoring in 17 out of the last 18 games.
• Isaiah Cousins set a career high with 19 attempts from the field against Kansas.
• Over the last eight games, Cousins is averaging 17.9 points, 5.4 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 1.8 steals in 35.8 minutes. He's shooting .545 (54-99) from the field and .568 (21-37) from the 3-point line.
• Cousins has scored in double figures 19 times this season.
• Ryan Spangler led the Sooners in rebounding for the sixth straight game with a team-high seven boards.
• Jordan Woodard finished in double figures for the 17th time this season with 10 points. He has made at least one 3-pointer in 22 of 24 games this year.