While not officially a junior day, the Oklahoma Sooners are taking advantage of a huge basketball weekend against the Kansas Jayhawks to host some incredibly talented players in the class of 2017 and 2018. Here is who we know will be in attendance at this time (this list will change considerably between now and this weekend).*
OU COMMITS - 2017
OU TARGETS - 2017
4-Star WR Omar Manning 6-3/200 (OU OFFER) Most Likely Attending
3-Star WR Tylan Wallace (OU OFFER) Most Likely Attending
3-Star ATH Tracin Wallace 6-0/175 Most Likely Attending
OU COMMITS - 2018
OU TARGETS - 2018
There will be several interesting storylines to follow this weekend.
1. J.K. Dobbins - While discussing OU with us he was obviously excited about visiting and the program, but something tells me he is a little more excited than he is letting on. I would watch for him to quite possibly pull the trigger and commit to the Sooners this weekend.
2. Tre Brown - Brown certainly has the talent, but as of yet doesn't have an OU offer. He tweeted that he was up to 180lbs (which should help the biggest knock on him...size). I know that Brown really likes OU and with an offer, it wouldn't shock me if he were to commit. This will be something to watch this weekend.
3. Isaiah Thomas and Earnest Brown - In a traditional 4-3 front both Thomas and Brown would be defensive end candidates, but not in the Sooners 3-4. Brown's offer list is impressive (Baylor, Houston) and Thomas has picked up offers from Tenn, ISU, and Mizzou just today. I'm not sure if the Sooner's offer both (I would), but an offer here (especially to Thomas) could result in a commitment from a player that is seeing his recruitment take off.
4. Justin Broiles - One of my early favorite players in the class of 2017. I think he is a an offer and a a take regardless of what the Sooners have in front of them at DB. I really like his game.
5. The Numbers Game - It's always a delicate balance of not filling up a class too early, but also making sure to meet your needs. With 5 current commitments the Sooners are looking at adding another 18-20 players for the class of 2017.
*We will continue to update this post as news of players either coming or not coming becomes available.