Happy Monday, Sooner fans! We’re still five days away from the start of bowl season, but there’s plenty of recruiting action going on. Speaking of which, the Sooners could be getting a “Boom” in the very near future.
- Junior college wide receiver Marquise Brown will be announcing his college decision at 2 p.m. CT today, and the race is down to the Sooners and Mountaineers.
- There’s a bit of sad news in the Sooner State today, as it has been reported that former OU All-American Jimbo Elrod has passed away after a car accident early Monday morning. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends in this tough time.
- The AP All-American team has been announced, and Dede Westbrook has been named to the first team. Orlando Brown (second team) and Baker Mayfield (third team) also received recognition.
- Former Oklahoma kicker Michael Hunnicutt was arrested on public drunkenness and methamphetamine possession charges on Dec. 4. It sounds like OU’s all-time leading scorer has taken the wrong path in life, and I hope he gets the necessary help.
- The 2018 Rivals rankings have been updated, and a pair of Sooner commits are in the top 100. Southmoore offensive lineman Brey Walker is ranked 29th, while California quarterback Cameron Rising is ranked 52nd. The 2018 class is composed of players who are currently juniors in high school.
- As many of you have already heard, the Tulsa World has reported that Dede Westbrook was twice arrested for domestic incidents before coming to Norman.