- Oklahoma (7-2, 6-0) - The Sooners have been far from perfect in league play, but that’s the case for every team in the league, isn’t it? OU fields one of the best offenses in the country, and the backfield will hopefully be close the full-strength for the home stretch. The defense is another matter entirely.
- Oklahoma State (7-2, 5-1) - The Cowboys barely squeaked by against Kansas State, but wins in Manhattan should never be taken for granted. The road to Bedlam isn’t necessarily a layup for OSU, but the Pokes are a 12-point favorite over Texas Tech this week and should win at TCU the week after.
- West Virginia (7-1, 4-1) - The Mountaineers have a big matchup against the Sooners in Morgantown on the horizon, but they’d be wise not to overlook the Longhorns this week.
- TCU (5-4, 3-3) - Yes, this is a big jump for the Horned Frogs, but it’s what happens when you mollywhop Baylor in Waco and become national heroes.
- Baylor (6-2, 3-2) - The Bears are trending down, and FAST.
- Kansas State (5-4, 3-3) - The Wildcats played a good OSU team tough in Manhattan, and they barely came up short. I’m not big on moral victories, but KSU had a pretty good showing. They’ll have the week off before playing Baylor in Waco.
- Texas (5-4, 3-3) - This may be a bit low for the Longhorns, but they’ll have plenty of opportunities to move up before season’s end. With the last two victories, Texas is on track for a bowl berth. However, we don’t know if Charlie Strong will be on the sidelines for that bowl game. A win over West Virginia this week will keep hope alive.
- Texas Tech (4-5, 2-4) - The path to a bowl game for the Red Raiders looks perilous, as they’ll have to win two of the following three games - at Oklahoma State, at Iowa State and vs. Baylor at Jerry World.
- Iowa State and 10. Kansas (1-8, 0-6) - This is the game we’ve all been waiting for - The Big 12 Toilet Bowl! This should also be the name of the Big 12 Championship Game starting in 2017.
The last time KU won a conference game (2013 vs. WVU), the fans stormed the field. Will it happen again if they win this week? Absolutely, and I hope it happens.