- West Virginia (5-0, 2-0) - The Mountaineers impressed last weekend against Texas Tech, holding the Red Raiders to 17 points and 379 yards of offense. They catapulted up to No. 12 in the AP Poll this week, but WVU deserves more respect than that.
- Oklahoma (4-2, 3-0) - Oklahoma’s defensive issues are still apparent, but the rest of the league (with a couple of exceptions), aren’t in much better shape on that side of the ball. Offensively, the Sooners have found their rhythm and were able to have their way with a respectable Kansas State defense. If OU can escape Lubbock this weekend, they likely won’t be tested until Nov. 12 vs. Baylor in Norman.
- Baylor (6-0, 3-0) - The Bears
were off last weekplayed Kansas last week, leaving an opening for WVU and Oklahoma to surpass them in these rankings. The Bears are undefeated, but also untested for the most part.
- Oklahoma State (4-2, 2-1) - After an bye week, the Cowboys will
have another bye weekface the Kansas Jayhawks in Lawrence.
- TCU (4-2, 2-1) - After barely squeaking by
during a bye weekin a matchup against Kansas, the Frogs were off last week. They face the Mountaineers in Morgantown this weekend in a matchup that will have a major impact on the conference race.
- Kansas State (3-3, 1-2) - Things didn’t work out well for the Wildcats in Norman last weekend, as their highly-ranked defense was largely ineffective against Mayfield, Mixon and Westbrook. A loss at home to the Longhorns this weekend will doom their chances of a successful season.
- Texas (3-3, 1-2) - The Longhorn defense held strong against an Iowa State offense that had plenty of success against Baylor and Oklahoma State. However, a loss in Manhattan this weekend will leave a very difficult path to a postseason berth.
- Texas Tech (3-3, 1-2) - The defense is absolutely atrocious (as usual), but Patrick Mahomes is still dangerous. Like Texas, they’ll have a very tough path to a bowl berth if they lose this weekend.
- Iowa State (1-6, 0-4) - The Cyclones looked competitive for a while, but they let every Big 12 fan down with a week effort in Austin.
- Kansas (1-5, 0-3) - Wouldn’t it be funny if they beat OSU this weekend? Won’t happen, but a man can dream.
The Mountaineers are 5-0 after a dominating performance last week in Lubbock