"I thought it was a great team effort. You don't like these days because it might mean the last time you get to coach a bunch of kids you love being around and it maybe elimination day and you're bounced out of the tournament. There's a log going on, but the only thing we can control is our energy level and our ability to execute. We got a dugout full of veteran guys that have won this tournament before, and that's who came through today. It was a good team win today and a lot of people contributed." - Oklahoma Head Coach Pete Hughes
"I was really proud of our guys for the effort they gave just to make it down here. We had to win three out of our last four games in the league just to get here. I really, really wanted to come here and play here for the experience for the younger guys in the program. Going into the season, we returned fewer innings pitched on our pitching staff than any other team in the United States. That's over 300 programs. For us to grind out what we grinded out this season with such an inexperienced pitching staff, we needed our leaders." - West Virginia Head Coach Randy Mazey
"If I can just build off of that. It's been a while since I've had a big hit, but none of that happens without these guys getting on base and having big innings set up like that. That whole inning started with the inning before. A hard ball hit back to the mound and roll two, we just built momentum there and built off of it for the next inning by getting guys on and coming up with the big hit that we needed." - Oklahoma Shortstop Sheldon Neuse
"I feel like the pitches over the plate, I have a good chance to drive those right now. I'm also catching some breaks. It feels like everything is just going right, right now. Fortunately we were able to get the win today and keep playing tomorrow." - Oklahoma Catcher Anthony Hermelyn
"It was a lot of trying to stay within myself. My defense behind me played really great. (Joshua) Ake making plays at third, Sheldon at short, Hermelyn behind the plate for me all day and putting the trust in my defense made it really easy for me." - Oklahoma Pitcher Robert Tasin
"We didn't really know what to expect coming into this season. We lost a lot of seniors. To be down here and competing against these big schools is a great confidence builder. Everybody is excited to get back here next year and prove that we can compete at the top." - West Virginia Catcher Ray Guerrini
"I felt I was able, for the most part, to keep the ball down. I really only got hurt when I left it up and I thought they just got hits when they needed them. I spotted well for the most part, but, like always, I could've done better." - West Virginia Pitcher Ross Vance
* Oklahoma improved to 33-30 all-time in the Big 12 Championship
* West Virginia dropped to 3-5 all-time in the Big 12 Championship
* This was the first time Oklahoma and West Virginia played each other in the Big 12 Championship
* The Mountaineers scored 1 run in the Big 12 Championship which was the fewest since Kansas scored once in 2005.
* Number 3 seeds are now 24-35 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
* Number 7 seeds are now 19-31 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
* OU's Anthony Hermelyn has now knocked in a team-high 49 RBI and is on a 12-game hitting streak.
* Hermelyn and Kolbey Carpenter are tied for a team-high 26 multi-hit games.
* Sheldon Neuse recorded his 40th RBI in the game which marks his second season in a row with 40 plus RBI.
* Kolbey Carpenter tied a career-high with 3 runs scored.
* In 14 innings pitched against West Virginia this season Robert Tasin has a 0.63 ERA.
* WVU's Jackson Cramer knocked in his 21st RBI of the season.
* WVU pitcher Ross Vance has given up 10 hits three times this season, two of them came against OU.