"We are fully responsible for our season. (TCU) had a great regular season, as did Oklahoma State. The teams that are in a bad position right now, we are fully accountable for where we are. At the same time, there's no doubt that any team in this tournament and the team that's at home right now can get to playing good baseball at the right time, and you can get to Omaha. Really right now, the league is in that position ... We got a great opportunity right now in front of us. I know that If we are granted the opportunity to play, whoever we're playing is not looking forward to Game 1. Our league is a pitching-rich league top to bottom. There are some good baseball teams in this league." - Texas Tech Head Coach Tim Tadlock
"Not a whole lot to say about that effort. I'm pretty disappointed and embarrassed. I think those feelings represent our team. Congratulations to Texas Tech. They certainly played really well, we knew it was going to be a tall order against Corey Taylor. We have some work to do." - TCU Head Coach - Head Coach Jim Schlossnagle
"I was working both sides of the plate and just trusting my defense." - Texas Tech Pitcher Corey Taylor
"It's a lot of confidence. TCU is a great team and this builds momentum for tomorrow, but we still have to focus one game at a time, one pitch at a time." - Texas Tech First Baseman Eric Gutierrez
"After today, we're embarrassed. We didn't play like who we are, not even close. When we get back, we are going to figure out how to get our identity back and come out strong in the regional." - TCU Shortstop Keaton Jones
"I just think I didn't have it and they were able to capitalize on everything I did wrong. I need to go back to who I am and realize they kind of had my number early." - TCU Pitcher Preston Morrison
* Texas Tech is now 16-29 all-time in the Big 12 Championship
* TCU is now 5-4 all-time in the Big 12 Championship
* The last team to go 0-2 as the top-seed in the conference tournament was Texas in 2010.
* The 8-1 final was the largest margin of defeat for a top-seed since Nebraska beat Baylor 11-3 in 2000.
* Number 4 seeds are now 36-27 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
* Number 1 seeds are now 46-31 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
* TTU's Corey Riley produced his 19th multi-hit game of the season and is on a 16-game hitting streak.
* TTU's Eric Gutierrez produced his 18th multi-hit game of the season and recorded his team-leading 43rd RBI.
* Thursday's loss was the first time all season that TCU suffered back-to-back defeats.
* TCU's Cody Jones has produced 5 hits in the tournament (the most of any player) and is on a nine-game hitting streak.
* The 5 earned runs given up by TCU's Preston Morrison are tied for the most he's allowed in a single game this season.